Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,992,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
See, now this would not qualify as Minnesota Nice, as it violates the rule, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all." It's somewhat understandable, I guess, since rcsteiner is not a Minnesotan, though my previous experience with Georgians was that they had good manners.
(1) I said, "please". What do you want?

(2) I think you misunderstood my intent.

It should be obvious from the state of Congress and many of the just concluded political campaigns that there is a fundamental ideological divide in the country today which runs somewhat deeper than we've seen for a while, and it's having a direct impact on people's livelihoods.

For many, including myself, that political divide is far more than a "simple disagreement".

If that divide isn't apparent to you, then I actually meant what I said. Such obliviousness needs to be corrected.

If you do see that such a divide exists, please accept my apologies, but you seemed to be blowing off the topic as not really worth people's time and making what appeared to be a flippant comment. I fervently disagree with that assessment, and with the apparent attitude.

P.S. I'm a native Minnesotan through and through. Born in Minnetonka, and lived in the Twin Cities for 41 years. I'm sure not a native Georgian. That said, Minnesota Nice doesn't mean non-confrontational when a situation warrants. Look up the 1st Minnesota Volunteers sometime...

P.P.S. Go Vikes!

Last edited by rcsteiner; 01-03-2013 at 04:43 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,446,276 times
Minnesota Nice is not stomping on people who are down already in life. Stomping on the powerful doesn't fit in the definition at all. Otherwise, what do you make of Floyd B Olson. He symbolizes Minnesota WAY more than Michelle Bachmann or Tim Pawlenty.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM

5,833 posts, read 7,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
(1) I said, "please". What do you want?

(2) I think you misunderstood my intent.

It should be obvious from the state of Congress and many of the just concluded political campaigns that there is a fundamental ideological divide in the country today which runs somewhat deeper than we've seen for a while, and it's having a direct impact on people's livelihoods.

For many, including myself, that political divide is far more than a "simple disagreement".

If that divide isn't apparent to you, then I actually meant what I said. Such obliviousness needs to be corrected.

If you do see that such a divide exists, please accept my apologies, but you seemed to be blowing off the topic as not really worth people's time and making what appeared to be a flippant comment. I fervently disagree with that assessment, and with the apparent attitude.

P.S. I'm a native Minnesotan through and through. Born in Minnetonka, and lived in the Twin Cities for 41 years. I'm sure not a native Georgian. That said, Minnesota Nice doesn't mean non-confrontational when a situation warrants. Look up the 1st Minnesota Volunteers sometime...

P.P.S. Go Vikes!
I've been here long enough that I know you grew up in Glen Lake and all that. I think you misunderstand my point: your "buy a clue" comment was rude and unnecessary.

I didn't come to this thread to read nasty political comments. CD has politically oriented forums for those discussions. There's a time and a place for everything. This just isn't it.

Last edited by Glenfield; 01-03-2013 at 07:26 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,090,587 times
This is a distinctly Minnesotan political issue, however. The political discussion room is mostly for general or national political issues.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,446,276 times
Not sure how Minnesota Nice is even political. Though I guess there is a political dimension to everything (like Perchik says in Fiddler on the Roof).

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,992,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I've been here long enough that I know you grew up in Glen Lake and all that. I think you misunderstand my point: your "buy a clue" comment was rude and unnecessary.

I didn't come to this thread to read nasty political comments. CD has politically oriented forums for those discussions. There's a time and a place for everything. This just isn't it.
That was nasty? Wow. At least I didn't call you an ass in a private comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota