Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2007, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,981 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone one help me out with what the rental prices are in Fairmont? Can you share rooms in homes/townhomes? Any websites?

Looking for a one bedroom for myself. Prefer a home over an apartment.
A garage would be nice.... Non-smoker! Always pay my rent on time......

I was farmed-out from a job of 16 years.

I'll respond on Sun. evening.....

Thanks so much! Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 5,822 times
Farimont? Nothing really there. I am sure there are a couple of rentals available. But I would look into Breckenridge MN instead. Only about 15 miles from fairmont and the community has a lot more to offer with a small town feel still about it.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 6,981 times
Thanks Mr. Havvig,

I'm looking into Fairmount, Minnesota along the I-90 area. Population 10,889.

The job would be in Fairmount, Mn.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM

6 posts, read 19,532 times
Hwylife-just came across your post-Fairmont is a lovely town. Very small, with nothing to speak of but the lakes. There are currently 2 ethanol plants being built here, the closest to be completed by June. Over 200 of the workers there have been laid off, the rest of us to follow soon. Needless to say, rentals should be no problem, especially after May or June.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM

25 posts, read 76,834 times
Default I use to live in fairmont...

Hello wel I lived there for 13 yrs and was in real estate so if u need more info about the town, let me know, alot of the real estate offices have rentals, or check www.fairmontsentinel.com alot of the businesses in downtown have small apartments for rent above them, u dont see much for roomate situations but u can find place for between $300-$600 a month. There isnt much for factory jobs there, but it depends on your business...There is 6 lakes in town that are all connected so if u love to boat and not worry about taking it out of the water, u can drive on them lakes forever...Its a great town, I loved raising my kids there, very little crime. I only left because of a divorce and followed my family to a lowsy town and looking to relocate myself now. If I were you I would look into buying a house, alot of places for around $20,000 and some you can maybe do for contract for deed. Maybe try placing an ad in the fairmont paper for roomate, someone may want to rent a room out with economy the way it has been, good luck, I am sure you will love the town, they just got a new super walmart, plus kmart, shopko, small mall. The town trailer park sometimes has cheap trailers for rent to, its called the fairmont estates, look on yellowpages. com or white pages.com for business listings too...Local radio station also has classifieds on it, u can post an ad on there for free, kfmc.com

Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 AM

812 posts, read 2,172,425 times
I used to live in Fiarmont. It's a nice little town.

It's been many years so I can't give any price info but if you do rent a downtown apartment make sure it comes with a place to park. Downtown Fairmont is small but there's a two hour limit on weekdays, at least there was when I was there, and it was a pain.

I don't think it would be too hard to find a house there to rent.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:30 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
By the way,-------Breckenridge---isn't even in the same part of the state as Fairmont. ( Breckenridge is on the North Dakota border west of Fergus Falls.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
View detailed profiles of: