Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 AM

2,507 posts, read 8,559,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky .357 View Post
Like I said before, I get it... rose colored glasses, friendly unicorns, peace happiness and harmony. You're welcome to your view of the criminal hotspot of Minnesota, I'll take reality.

I don't know why you seem to have such a hard on for my posts and my ideas but it seems a little odd that you can't jsut ignore them if you find them so distasteful. Methinks I smell a troll in my midst, and so...

...Welcome to my "ignore" list.

But before I part ways with you and your ignorance, I will say this; it's a fact that you cannot seem to get through your head - you're more likely to be the victim of a crime inside the beltway (No matter the neighborhood) than you are outside the metro.

As an example, I can walk down my street at 2AM and not worry about my wallet getting stolen. I can mow my lawn and not worry about getting shot during a drive by or having a drug dealer offering me a rock. I can leave $5K of electronics in my vehicle parked in my dark driveway all night long without having a window broken out or having the car stolen. The only hoes in my neighborhood are the ones used to work in the garden. I can ride a bike down a street (day or night) and not worry about someone knocking me over for my $10 shoes.

I can't say the same for your precious crime-ridden city; no one can because quite frankly it's a dangerous place if you let your guard down. You have had the luxury of hanging on to your ignorance; I hope your rose-colored glasses don't get broken during your assault.

Good luck.
1. I have a "hard on" for your posts because I believe in presenting correct information to people on this websight. Your rants are anything but.
2. I am hardly a troll, and there are a host of posts with my name on them to support that conclusion.
3. You can't say the same for Mpls. because you avoid it at all costs, which in no way would cloud your judgment. For what it is worth, though, I can. I can bike around, walk a dog or lay in the yard at any time of day.
4. The rose-colored glasses thing really doesn't cut it in debating this. I am fully aware that crime occurs. Difference is, I know where it occurs and can avoid being a victim of it without it taking over my life. You can't, and you think that because you can't that nobody else can either.
5. "Ignore List", "Hard On"? You and an eight year old seem to be going tit for tat in the maturity contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:09 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
For Binky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridian View Post
We understand, Binky:

Your fear is huge.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 AM

113 posts, read 155,677 times
Veridian;

Don't mischaracterize my common sense as fear, simply because you choose to remain ignorant. The facts are there... your city is dangerous.

My community has virtually no crime by comparison to Minneapolis and its free range criminal zones. Sure there are one or two minor incidents a month, and the last time there was even one murder within ten miles had to be some time nearly a decade ago.

Your Utopia? You seem to be living in an area where they have a "Murder of the Week Club".

Kuan;

At least you don't seem to go into a foaming snapping tirade every time I cast a little reality into Veridian's (and Minnehahapolitans) picture of a perfect Storytime Villiage, where everyone lives happily ever after.

Last edited by Binky .357; 12-18-2008 at 08:34 AM..

Old 12-18-2008, 09:17 AM

241 posts, read 435,417 times
Quote:
Veridian;

Don't mischaracterize my common sense as fear, simply because you choose to remain ignorant. The facts are there... your city is dangerous.

My community has virtually no crime by comparison to Minneapolis and its free range criminal zones. Sure there are one or two minor incidents a month, and the last time there was even one murder within ten miles had to be some time nearly a decade ago.

Your Utopia? You seem to be living in an area where they have a "Murder of the Week Club".

Kuan;

At least you don't seem to go into a foaming snapping tirade every time I cast a little reality into Veridian's (and Minnehahapolitans) picture of a perfect Storytime Villiage, where everyone lives happily ever after.

Dear Binkie

You have chosen a nickname that references a gun. You have chosen that nickname because of your fear for your personal safety. In other words, you have defined yourself by your fear.

Your posts are monotonous obsessions about crime in places you swear you will never go, and you therefore cannot know.

Your motivation is to evangelize your outsized fear of crime, in part because I think in your heart of hearts, you know that your fear is excessive. You know that in the city, like on my block, there are little girls who ride up and down the sidewalk on their tricycles, and elderly couples who come out and welcome newcomers to their neighborhood. None of these people are so full of fear as you are. We all know that crime is a manageable aspect of our lives.

You want everyone to be as full of fear as you are so you don't feel like you stick out. The fact is, like all fear, you can face it and deal with it, or let it control you. Thusfar, you have militantly done the latter, and have become your fear's agent.

Your very name is based on your fear. Your every post is based on your fear. You have offered nothing about what you love (state parks, etc.) other than as the occasional side remark while talking about your main focus: your intense fear of crime.

Yes, I might be a victim of crime someday. But I've also gone ice skating on frozen lakes. Statistically, which one is more likely to kill me? I bet they are pretty close. I'm not going to let my life be hemmed in by fear. I will acknowledge danger, be alert, avoid dark, isolated areas, etc. But I won't let fear dictate to me where I will live. You have chosen to do so. That is your prerogative. But you will run into opposition when you try to evangelize your terror to others.

Your fear is not normal: face it, deal with it, and stop trying to spread it.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Dear Binkie

You have chosen a nickname that references a gun. You have chosen that nickname because of your fear for your personal safety. In other words, you have defined yourself by your fear.

Your posts are monotonous obsessions about crime in places you swear you will never go, and you therefore cannot know.

Your motivation is to evangelize your outsized fear of crime, in part because I think in your heart of hearts, you know that your fear is excessive. You know that in the city, like on my block, there are little girls who ride up and down the sidewalk on their tricycles, and elderly couples who come out and welcome newcomers to their neighborhood. None of these people are so full of fear as you are. We all know that crime is a manageable aspect of our lives.

You want everyone to be as full of fear as you are so you don't feel like you stick out. The fact is, like all fear, you can face it and deal with it, or let it control you. Thusfar, you have militantly done the latter, and have become your fear's agent.

Your very name is based on your fear. Your every post is based on your fear. You have offered nothing about what you love (state parks, etc.) other than as the occasional side remark while talking about your main focus: your intense fear of crime.

Yes, I might be a victim of crime someday. But I've also gone ice skating on frozen lakes. Statistically, which one is more likely to kill me? I bet they are pretty close. I'm not going to let my life be hemmed in by fear. I will acknowledge danger, be alert, avoid dark, isolated areas, etc. But I won't let fear dictate to me where I will live. You have chosen to do so. That is your prerogative. But you will run into opposition when you try to evangelize your terror to others.

Your fear is not normal: face it, deal with it, and stop trying to spread it.
Naanananannnnanaaa...he can't hear you..nanananannanana.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:00 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
One of the greatest features of this sight!
The ability to ignore users is nice, but it's too bad that web site forums are still so far behind USENET.

15 years ago my OS/2 newsreader could be set up to set up variable scores for messages based on authors, subjects, content, etc., using full "regex" (regular expression) wildcarding, and I could sort an entire forum on the results of that score. Favorite subjects, threads, and authors would pop up to the top, and people or topics I didn't care about were marked already-read so I didn't have to see them if I didn't want to.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:02 AM

241 posts, read 435,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
Naanananannnnanaaa...he can't hear you..nanananannanana.
We'll see. He seems to not be able to let things go unanswered.

By the way- perhaps you and I should start a club: "Ignored by Binky!".

Old 12-18-2008, 11:14 AM

481 posts, read 1,816,876 times
Quote:

I wonder how much it costs to join?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 AM

113 posts, read 155,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haver View Post
I wonder how much it costs to join?
Just your common sense.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Co-presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota