Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:12 AM

9 posts, read 18,288 times

Advertisements

I cant understand why anyone would move away from MN? Oh wait we are!! We are planning to move to CO for a few years but definatly will be back!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBORN622 View Post
I cant understand why anyone would move away from MN? Oh wait we are!! We are planning to move to CO for a few years but definatly will be back!!
Lots of MN transplants on the Front Range too.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:21 AM

65 posts, read 133,502 times
Anyplace that will have them, that is warm, seems to be the only determiner! LOL

Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 PM

10 posts, read 34,212 times
check the tornadoe that ripped thru Anoka County back in on the date of July 18, 1986. Ch 11 had a helicopter up in the air for news. and they caught it on video. I got to see it from the ground while in the garage of the house I lived in at the time.
I lived at that time lil under 3 miles north of the path it took.
the metro has had several of them here. as for that Wadena one this year. a neighbor lost some friends in that one.
I have lived here for my entire 49 years. mainly in Anoka County. still remember being in the basement during that outbreak of them in 1965. when 6 of them came thru in a single night in the northern metro area. 4 of them were confirmed as F4s. as well as at least 6 confirmed deaths that night.
and those are NOT the only ones to strike the counties I have lived in. and or the counties near mine.
you can do a search on Minnesota counties and tornados and find out how many have touched down over the years. this here link is from this year.
Minnesota on pace to lead nation in tornado touchdowns - TwinCities.com
as for living costs. it depends also what you spend the money on that one makes. if it is foolish things like already made dinners. or if you spend more wisely by buying things that end up being a homemade dinner. same for stuff for the house. that foolish 5 foot wide plasma tv. or a board game that gets the family playing the game with each other. and not just once, but many times having a game night per week.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:28 PM

98 posts, read 181,180 times
everybody is moving

Old 11-10-2010, 06:55 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,766 times
I went to California and couldn't be happier! Peace out Minnesnowta!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,678,729 times
I've seen you post in this forum before saying the exact opposite. Liar.

Anyways, I have yet to find anyone who's moved away or lived elsewhere to say they dislike Minnesota. I have a best friend living in CO Springs, for free (he's an athlete) and he raves at how much better MN is. 2 friends in Texas say the same. I've had family move away and back and say how much better it is. We all like where we're from, so it's all realitive, but whatever.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:46 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
I've seen you post in this forum before saying the exact opposite. Liar.

Anyways, I have yet to find anyone who's moved away or lived elsewhere to say they dislike Minnesota. I have a best friend living in CO Springs, for free (he's an athlete) and he raves at how much better MN is. 2 friends in Texas say the same. I've had family move away and back and say how much better it is. We all like where we're from, so it's all realitive, but whatever.
I will always be from Duluth, so that's something that'll never change. I can't say what the future will bring, but willingly, I can't imagine living in Minnesota anymore. I'm so happy that I got out of there. Though it's a great place, weather is a huge factor in my life, and the weather in Minnesota (Duluth especially) left me feeling miserable most days. It definitely wasn't worth it for me.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:53 PM

4 posts, read 23,978 times
After 22 winters in Minnesota I moved to Austin, TX. Very different from MN in many ways but I LOVE it down here!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
l12

160 posts, read 317,308 times
Naples and Phoenix are the main Minnesotan refugee camps. A lot of children of people who made that move come back to Minnesota. Those are awful places to raise children, and you give up a lot of culture and civilization just to be hot as hell instead of cold as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota