Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2006, 05:57 AM

98 posts, read 341,736 times

Advertisements

My husband, 3 cats and I are relocating to the US in jan 2007.
We have been living in France (Europe) since 2003.
We came to France to take care of my dying grand-mother.
Before that we were living in Shenandoah, Va.
We are looking at a number of places to go back to and we would appreciate any feedback.
My Husband is American and has 15 years working experience in the field of printing. I guess is work area is production/manufacturing.
I am French/American. I have a B.S degree in Family Studies.
I have always been a jack of all trades. I have worked as a bookkeeper, debt collector, financial counselor, tax preparer, personal assistant, sales clerck, housecleaner, babysitter......
I am looking for a place that would have a diversified economy, job growth, tolerance towards different race, nationality and religion.
Also low cost housing: we will be looking for a house under 200K.
This are the place we are looking into:
Any feedbacks would be appreciate...
If you can think of any towns that would fit my reqirements tell me about it.
Thank you in advance
Johnnybandfreak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2006, 07:06 PM

6 posts, read 21,553 times
Default Rochester?

It's not real diverse, either ethnically or it's economy. Primarily white, somewhat conservative. Economy is primarily medical, but is diversified. A home under 200K? good luck unless your thinking a real small town and driving some distance. Good Luck in your search.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Thanks

Thank you for your answer.
I wonder if one can still find low cost housing in a safe pace with great employment.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,655 times
Default Rochester

Rochester is what you make of it. It is still one of the fastest growing towns in Minnesota. And one of the nicest to live it.
As for homes, you can find homes under 200K. But, they are getting harder to find as more new homes and sub-divisions pop up. But, if you are willing to look alittle outside of town, then you can find good homes. My wife and I currently live in Plainview, MN. Which is NE of Rochester about 25 miles. And is a great place to live and prices are fair. I won't lie, the price of Gasoline is making it harder for lower incomes to travel the 50 miles round trip. But, SE Minnesota has good all weather roads, and you can make most any point in Rochester easily.
So, if you come to Rochester, you are going to a nice town.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:03 PM

Default Infos

Eh thank you guys for all the info.
I do appreciate.
johnnybandfreak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota