Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times

Advertisements

19 Minnesota Chrysler dealerships to close (http://www.startribune.com/business/44987767.html?page=1&c=y - broken link)

Most of the Minnesota dealers Chrysler targeted are in outstate, Minnesota.
  1. Stillwater Motor Co
  2. Fury Dodge Chrysler in Lake Elmo
  3. Sonju Two Harbors
  4. BOE Chrysler Center in West Concord
  5. Factor Motors in Le Center
  6. Iron Trail Motors in Virginia
  7. Mason Motor in Excelsior
  8. Nereson Jeep in Detroit Lakes
  9. Marchant Motor in Spring Valley
  10. North Star Garage in Milaca
  11. Miller Hill Chrysler Jeep in Duluth
  12. Paul Busch Auto in Wabasha.
  13. The list includes the already-sold
  14. Denny Hecker Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Pine City
  15. Salem Motors in Crookston
  16. Slamon Motors in Tracy
  17. Scott-Preusse Inc. in Redwood Falls
  18. Scholtes Auto World in Worthngton
  19. Wally's Auto Service in Orr.
The Duluth store surprised me a bit. The is a very sad day in Chrysler's history and a sad day for these dealers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 PM

989 posts, read 2,961,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
19 Minnesota Chrysler dealerships to close (http://www.startribune.com/business/44987767.html?page=1&c=y - broken link)

Most of the Minnesota dealers Chrysler targeted are in outstate, Minnesota.
  1. Stillwater Motor Co
  2. Fury Dodge Chrysler in Lake Elmo
  3. Sonju Two Harbors
  4. BOE Chrysler Center in West Concord
  5. Factor Motors in Le Center
  6. Iron Trail Motors in Virginia
  7. Mason Motor in Excelsior
  8. Nereson Jeep in Detroit Lakes
  9. Marchant Motor in Spring Valley
  10. North Star Garage in Milaca
  11. Miller Hill Chrysler Jeep in Duluth
  12. Paul Busch Auto in Wabasha.
  13. The list includes the already-sold
  14. Denny Hecker Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Pine City
  15. Salem Motors in Crookston
  16. Slamon Motors in Tracy
  17. Scott-Preusse Inc. in Redwood Falls
  18. Scholtes Auto World in Worthngton
  19. Wally's Auto Service in Orr.
The Duluth store surprised me a bit. The is a very sad day in Chrysler's history and a sad day for these dealers.
How many more will close due to lack of new sales? Thinking a lot of loyal chrysler fans are looking at ford, toyota or honda for the next purchase.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
How many more will close due to lack of new sales? Thinking a lot of loyal chrysler fans are looking at ford, toyota or honda for the next purchase.
With GM's announcement of importing cars from China, Ford will be the American brand of choice. Hopefully they will make it through this economy.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:52 PM

781 posts, read 2,628,773 times
I wonder will come of Subaru in Duluth, since Miller Hill Chrysler is also our Subaru dealership. I was talking to one of the salesmen there, and he said that Subaru sales have stayed steady, but Jeep sales have plummeted. I hope they're able to stay on with just Subaru. If not, I hope someone comes along and builds a nice stand alone Subaru dealership.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
I wonder will come of Subaru in Duluth, since Miller Hill Chrysler is also our Subaru dealership. I was talking to one of the salesmen there, and he said that Subaru sales have stayed steady, but Jeep sales have plummeted. I hope they're able to stay on with just Subaru. If not, I hope someone comes along and builds a nice stand alone Subaru dealership.
Maybe they will keep Subaru and try to get another line. Is it a big facility?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
.....The Duluth store surprised me a bit. The is a very sad day in Chrysler's history and a sad day for these dealers.
It seems like every other radio commercial in Duluth is promoting a car dealership (that has been going on for YEARS). Isn't there something else to advertise on the radio in Duluth other than cars?????

If Kia of Duluth or Sonju Motors ever goes out of business, I'll bet 1/3 of the radio stations will fail as well.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:59 AM

292 posts, read 891,515 times
I know that the dealership that GM plans to close in general had sales below 50 units per year I'm assuming Chrysler made their decision using a similar critera. While it's a sad thing for the each of the dealer, their empolyees and their loyal customers it's necessary for the survival of the company as a whole. One effects of these closing that I see is that it is going to push many loyal GM or Chrysler owners to chose another brand do to the location of the nearest dealership. So in alot of ways GM and Chrysler are giving up on selling vechicals in rural area. So the void is going to be filled by Ford or Toyota or whoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota