Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,651,853 times

Advertisements

Just crawled (well, paddled) out of the Boundary Waters this morning, and on the drive back in to Ely the right front wheel on my truck started a horrendous howling screeching noise, which I thought sounded like a wheel bearing going out, or something seriously broken in the brakes.

Got into Ely, and asked at Piragis who they recommended for auto repair in town, because I absolutely had to be back down in the Cities this evening. Piragis recommended Tim's Auto Repair, which is directly behind the outfitter.

I went over there, and asked if they could look at my truck asap as I had to get on the road. Even though they were absolutely swamped with work, and their lifts were full, and they had people waiting, when Tim heard that I had to get on the road to catch a flight out of the country tonight, he took my truck out for a test drive right then.

He spent at least twenty minutes looking at my truck and then brought it back and said it was just a piece of gravel that flipped up into the rotor and got stuck there. He refused to take any payment for his time, even though I tried to pay him twice.

So...if you're ever in Ely and need auto service, please patronize this business. When someone these days goes out of their way to be helpful and then also refuses payment, it makes a lasting impression.

Not affiliated with this business in any way, just very pleased and surprised with the service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 06:11 PM

137 posts, read 623,956 times
Tim's is THE place in Ely. Honest, reputable, and quality... but always backed up. Hmmmm, wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
View detailed profiles of: