U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 AM

3 posts, read 1,559 times

Advertisements

Hazing is illegal. Period. The students know this and so do the coaches. You haze, you get suspended. I'm an employee and the attitude of entitlement that the athletes have is nauseating. I don't feel sorry for any of them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 AM

3 posts, read 1,559 times
Default Football Players in WBL and Hazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowyWoman View Post
Hazing is illegal. Period. The students know this and so do the coaches. You haze, you get suspended. I'm an employee and the attitude of entitlement that the athletes have is nauseating. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:08 AM

10,439 posts, read 8,450,452 times
people shouldn't post when their drunk.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:18 AM

3,870 posts, read 5,467,953 times
X2 if they were native Minnesotans they would know this.

I was on the ski team, We went for a run at night.
(in the winter) and we had to run bear foot on the way back.

We all lived and now we have a story to tell about running bear foot in the winter for our sport.
I remember all of us trying to stand or get our feet on this baseboard heater when we got back.

Then there are the hazing is illegal bunch, it maybe "illegal" to force them but it was all voluntary.
Don't mess with our traditions.
A lot of traditions are stupid but they build character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
This is Minnesota thats what we do when were kids. Doesn't even sound that bad and it's up to the coach to kick the kids off the team not the upperclassmen if they do not submit to "hazing"

Old 05-08-2011, 03:17 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,068,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowyWoman View Post
Why don't these little babies stick up for themselves and refuse to do it. I was apart of Varsity Sports and we did this stuff, all in fun. Welcome to the team, join the ranks and if you want to be apart of us, you've gotta prove your allegiance, and gain our trust.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:12 PM

676 posts, read 934,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Why don't these little babies stick up for themselves and refuse to do it. I was apart of Varsity Sports and we did this stuff, all in fun. Welcome to the team, join the ranks and if you want to be apart of us, you've gotta prove your allegiance, and gain our trust.
I agree with you partially... I think the hazed kids need to stand up for themselves and take some responsibility here. If someone is asking you to do something dangerous, then say no. How many times has your mom said to you "if so-and-so told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?" But really, some pretty awful things can come out of peer pressure, it's best for the older, more mature students not to force these kind of situations in the first place.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:55 AM

1,635 posts, read 945,037 times
I remember getting hazed in Boy Scouts - they dumped me on the multi-spigot drinking fountain and soaked me (it was a hot day in summer). At first I was really mad & fighting them, but one of the senior scouts set me straight - "Come on, we're just having fun. Let it go!" So I relaxed, they got their jollies, it wasn't so bad - and it cooled me off.

As long as people don't get hurt or mentally tortured, hazing is just one of those things kids do. Let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota