Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM

81 posts, read 295,650 times

Advertisements

Albany is a great small town if you're into small town atmosphere, great place to raise kids. Has several parks throughout the town, you get to know business owners and you can't get through town without people waving at you. Incredibly safe, you can walk anywhere, the worst would be walking into the lake, which is a little scummy. Intown hospital, very good school, town with a lot of pride. Its pretty accepting as long as you fit the small town persona, otherwise, i really would look somewhere else but they are even pretty good about being gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg1701d View Post
Albany is a great small town if you're into small town atmosphere, great place to raise kids. Has several parks throughout the town, you get to know business owners and you can't get through town without people waving at you. Incredibly safe, you can walk anywhere, the worst would be walking into the lake, which is a little scummy. Intown hospital, very good school, town with a lot of pride. Its pretty accepting as long as you fit the small town persona, otherwise, i really would look somewhere else but they are even pretty good about being gay.
Albany has great public schools. But I will warn you that Albany is a VERY German-Catholic town. They also love their beer. I should know, because I drink with them all of the time. Avon is also in the Albany school district and is closer to St Cloud. they have many more new families than Albany. It may be easier to break the ice with the Avon folk.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:16 AM

81 posts, read 295,650 times
Actually, in the last 5+ years, Avon hasn't had a lot of new growth compared to Albany, which has 5 new developments currently building. They sure do love their beer though, I've made sure to carry that aspect with me to Chicago

Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 AM

6 posts, read 27,076 times
well you said or south yea but there is a great town half an hour north called Little Falls and its a great town low crime and things to do some housed in the downtown area are aged but there are some homes to the south alittle by the river and country club that are for sale and are very nice there is also a very nice hospital that recently added a new west wing the economy is also doing very well there are alot of new jobs coming to the area

Old 05-30-2008, 10:51 AM

88 posts, read 335,396 times
I lived in St. Cloud for 1 years and have been trying to get back their for 15 years. Its a nice sized town. The wages are really low. The jobs are scarce. Its a college town and college kids need jobs and they take up alot of the jobs. But still I love it some of my best buddies live their. Rent is reasonable to me but then coming from Bloomington anything else would be cheaper.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:00 AM

12 posts, read 39,625 times
Default St.Cloud Area

You should look at Monticello, it is a town that is just starting to develope and is not that far from St.Cloud and it is also not that far from the TC. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota