U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:19 PM

11,314 posts, read 7,315,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleemcadams View Post
Well, it all depends on whether you want to live in Desoto County for a short period of time or want to live forever in eternity. I'm a Christian, but I never PUSH my beliefs and lifestyle on anyone unless they ask and desire to find out why I remain joyful and happy all the time despite what exists in the world around us. You see, if you reject a Christian's advance, they will turn and walk away from you and never return to bother you again. If you reject a Muslim's advance, the Koran tells them you must be labeled an infidel and accordingly be eliminated by any means necessary. Usually by violent death. So, it's your choice. Do you want to live in a county in Mississippi consisting of mostly bible believing people, or.....would you like to deal with the alternative?
I've never had that problem with Muslims. I've lived in a highly populated Arab/Muslim area before back in college and never had those issues going into stores or seeing them on the street. Most were pretty friendly, smiled, and said hello. Their Holy Book says that, but I don't follow every word of my Holy Book, so maybe they just pick and choose. That's just my experience, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:42 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,982,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
Yes it would have. I've lived all over this country and overseas. That statement would have been taken as rude anywhere. I live in the DC area right now. Your comment would have been interpreted negatively here as well.

If you're not religious....fine. But the fact that you belittle those who are says a lot about your moral compass.

from the onset of reading the question, i took it to be judgmental, insulting, and degrading against those who have a different belief system. broad generalizations, statements phrased speaking for entire states, and sterotypes---who is closed minded and ignorant? w/ your attitude of superiority, you have much more to worry about than your twins being exposed to christianity. mind your manners, and teach them to your children. and, by the way, i was reared in chicago, i have lived in detroit, d.c., nyc, and several other eastern and northeastern cities. people, regardless of what you say, have feelings and desire respect, even in the north and northeast.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:24 AM

450 posts, read 925,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleron View Post
Well I guess that answers my question!

There was no rudeness or arrogance intended, but I can definitely sense the difference in cultures.... such a statement would have never been interpreted negatively in a northeastern forum.

Thanks for the help.
Well my friend, I am from the Northeast (upstate NY) and I am a Christian and I think your attitude is disrespectful and arrogant and it is people like you that give Yankees a bad name. Whether you are a believer or not is your decision, but I will tell you this, there is a God in Heaven and a Hell for the lost. Your family deserves the spiritual leader that you do not have the courage to be.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:53 PM

783 posts, read 1,931,954 times
Wow... heavy irony!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or