U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,943,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeluksee View Post
lets just lynch the whole lot of them
please set foot on my property and see what happens to you.

you owe 14 trillion dollars, reich wingnut.

Quote:
Clinton inherited a $290 billion deficit from George H.W. Bush. He reversed Bush's and Reagan's trickle down economic policies, raising taxes on the wealthy, and reducing them on the working and middle classes. He was able to reduce the deficit every single year of his presidency. By 1997, the government was running budgetary surpluses, the first since 1969. He delivered a $230 billion surplus in 2000.

Bush reversed Clinton's policies, lowering taxes on the very wealthy - his "base" as he called them - and effectively raising them on everyone else. In his first full year at the helm of the economy, he delivered a $157 billion deficit, and he never looked back. By 2004, the deficits were topping $400 billion a year. While Clinton delivered surpluses, Bush's deficits totaled some $3.7 trillion over his eight-year term. Clinton 6: Bush 0.

There is no subtlety, no ambiguity about the data or the economic performance they reveal. By every single measure, Bush's policies and tenure were worse - much worse - for the American economy and the American people than those pursued by Bill Clinton. And we are still living today in the aftermath of the destruction they have wrought.

We could add any number of other measures as well, measures not offered up by Forbes but which are still straightforward indices of economic performance. Clinton reduced poverty, from 15.1% when he took office to 11.3% when he left. Bush increased it, from 11.3% when he started to 12.5% at the end of 2008.

The stock market more than tripled under Clinton's tenure. The Dow went from 3,241 when he took office to 10,587 on the day he left. It actually declined under Bush's tenure, from 10,587 on the day he took office to 8,281 on the day he left. Between the recent stock market collapse and the housing crash, Bush destroyed more than $14 trillion in consumer wealth, a staggering, almost incomprehensible legacy of devastation that will haunt Americans for decades to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,125,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
please set foot on my property and see what happens to you.

you owe 14 trillion dollars, reich wingnut.
I'm not one for mass lynching (unless it's big-time criminals). But in your case the Godwin's Law fully applies.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)

47,722 posts, read 45,337,082 times
Quote:
DUH...it's because of the Constitution...liberals don't quite seem to grasp its meaning...and I'll take it a step further...lets just lynch the whole lot of them because they are worthless leaches on this country. They are like a cancer on society...and you know what cancer is...nobody wants it and it never goes away! Like Michael Savage says... liberalism is a sickness!
First of all, do you have any proof that liberalism is a sickness? Is it listed in any medical journal?

Second of all, you suggesting to lynch people, well, that borders on death threats in my eyes. Last time I checked, lynching was something done to Black people, Jews, and Catholics back in the old days And, I won't lie, I am a bit liberal, on many issues. Would you suggest getting rid of me?

As for how this relates to Ole Miss and the former Confederate mascot, well, I don't like anything having to do with the Confederacy. I never have, never will, and I'm glad Col. Reb is gone. I hope it never comes back.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 PM

15,018 posts, read 4,783,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
It's not even an ill-tempered, angry bear. It's a dumb smiling, costume wearing, cartoony looking, chuck-e-cheese style, black bear.

I cannot believe Ole Miss allowed this to happen.

It will ALWAYS be the OLE MISS REBELS! HOTTY TODDY!
This is definitely PC overkill. I can't imagine there was that much pressure in Mississippi for them to change it, but not much surprises me any longer. I would just continue to cheer "Go Rebels" when they play if I was a fan. I would be willing to bet money that happens, too.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:25 PM

15,018 posts, read 4,783,412 times
Quote:
DUH...it's because of the Constitution...liberals don't quite seem to grasp its meaning...and I'll take it a step further...lets just lynch the whole lot of them because they are worthless leaches on this country. They are like a cancer on society...and you know what cancer is...nobody wants it and it never goes away! Like Michael Savage says... liberalism is a sickness!
What does this (and about 40% of the posts here) have to do with keeping or changing a mascot. OK. You don't like liberals. Your crackerjack (with emphasis on first two syllables) prize is in the mail.

I agreed they should have been able to keep the Rebel mascot. However, I would never threaten those that disagree with lynching or vica versa. Then again I am an adult. What a mature guy you are: "Kill everyone that does not agree with me." We have enough violence out there and you could care less. That is truly a sickness!

Old 11-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 days ago)

I have no problem with the mascot being changed to the Black Bears. It still reflects Mississippi culture because there is a short story by Faulker, a writer from Mississippi. To be honest, a change is good.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,257,326 times
Thank god that colonel reb is gone!
...yay! Im happy for them! Its about time! I wish them all the best

Old 11-15-2013, 08:48 AM

13,527 posts, read 8,509,996 times
It's been a couple of years now, and the Black Bear is not catching on. Locally, they are still referred to as Rebels.
I'm not a fan, and don't follow fuhball, but I hear all about it. It's always "Th' Rebels".

Personally, I voted for "Slack Jawed Tater Eaters".

Go, you big Slack Jaws!

Old 11-15-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Thank god that colonel reb is gone!
...yay! Im happy for them! Its about time! I wish them all the best
I glad too.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,161,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It's been a couple of years now, and the Black Bear is not catching on. Locally, they are still referred to as Rebels.
I'm not a fan, and don't follow fuhball, but I hear all about it. It's always "Th' Rebels".

Personally, I voted for "Slack Jawed Tater Eaters".

Go, you big Slack Jaws!
Try to keep up...

The nickname of the Ole Miss sports teams was NOT changed. They were and are still, the Rebels.
A mascot (a kid in a costume) who roamed the sidelines at games named "Colonel Reb," was banned, and replaced by a kid in a Black Bear costume as the mascot. That is the only change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi