Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 11:28 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATXM&M View Post
I've visited the Sip (in the Delta) many times; granted their are some issues, it is not all bad. Considering the poverty rate is about 35 to 40 percent, there are a significant amount of people that are doing well including blacks that are doctors, lawyers, college administrators and business owners (relative to the size of the place). It is really a tale of two MS. My wife's hometown for example part of the town consist of shotgun houses and trailers and part consist of nice middle class brick homes where blacks live. If an individual is use to the fast life and lots of amenities it is not the place for them. Going to Walmart is an outing for most which is okay.
Nazi Germany had mansions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 02:47 AM

12 posts, read 16,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8 r8z View Post
Maybe you could ask for an early transfer? We won't miss you. But thanks for stopping by.

It may not be your slice of pie but it's home and we love it.

Sincerely,

Those who could care less what you think
Well that's an obnoxious reply. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps it is attitudes like yours that cause the randy8876's of this world to turn and run from Mississippi? Get a clue and get some manners.

Sincerely,
Not impressed by your lack of class

Old 09-06-2015, 04:52 AM

240 posts, read 344,404 times
1. A high percent of ignorant people, even upper class folks. Only people travel around the world know how pathetic/far behind Mississippi is in the world..In the other countries, they believe US is prosperous like Maryland everywhere, but not poor Mississippi

2. Far behind 3rd world country on education. High HS dropout rate and low college graduation rate. You will surprise that the highest degree person in some rural town is in librarian because library requires a college degree. You can see many 3rd world country like China/India can produce a higher percent of college graduates than Mississippi.

3. Feel good about the status quo. It is my surprise for people here to believe they are part of "American Exceptionalism." The real exceptional folks are not in Mississippi. The real reason making america exceptional are East and West coast. There is nothing to do with Mississippi.

4. Lack of embrace of others. In Europe, your kids must be bilingual or trilingual. They can communicate with world easily by speaking French, German, Chinese etc. In MS, you must be learn "rural redneck English", because people here love rural (aka unclear) accent.

Of course, I want to say that race relation in Mississippi is slight better than Alabama. You have not hear UA-Tuscaloosa race style drama in Ole Miss for years..

Old 09-06-2015, 09:25 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Moderator cut: that post was removed

Ironic, isn't it, that someone so eager to pile on, and so critical of awareness on the part of Mississippians cannot read the date of the original post.....

Maurice is obviously not an American and English is clearly not his first language.
But we sure appreciate his lecture and his views on education.....

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-06-2015 at 07:58 PM..

Old 09-06-2015, 04:19 PM

240 posts, read 344,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Ironic, isn't it, that someone so eager to pile on, and so critical of awareness on the part of Mississippians cannot read the date of the original post.....

Maurice is obviously not an American and English is clearly not his first language.
But we sure appreciate his lecture and his views on education.....
I am not writing "perfect" Mississippi style English=I am not American.
I am impressed by your logic..

Old 09-06-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USERXXXX View Post
I am not writing "perfect" Mississippi style English=I am not American.
I am impressed by your logic..
Now, you're not going to try to convince us that you are an American are you?

Actually, you are not writing perfect English at all, "Mississippi" or otherwise..........You will surprise that the highest degree person in some rural town is in librarian.......It is my surprise for people here to believe they are part of "American Exceptionalism."................You have not hear UA-Tuscaloosa race style drama in Ole Miss for years..

I am sorry Maurice. English is an enormously complicated language. It is clear to everyone who reads and writes English well that you have not finished your studies. If you wish to criticize the English of Mississippi Rednecks, shouldn't you do it using standard English yourself?
Keep trying, though.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:58 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Now, you're not going to try to convince us that you are an American are you?

Actually, you are not writing perfect English at all, "Mississippi" or otherwise..........You will surprise that the highest degree person in some rural town is in librarian.......It is my surprise for people here to believe they are part of "American Exceptionalism."................You have not hear UA-Tuscaloosa race style drama in Ole Miss for years..

I am sorry Maurice. English is an enormously complicated language. It is clear to everyone who reads and writes English well that you have not finished your studies. If you wish to criticize the English of Mississippi Rednecks, shouldn't you do it using standard English yourself?
Keep trying, though.
You mean English or American English?

Old 09-09-2015, 09:48 AM

401 posts, read 536,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USERXXXX View Post
Of course, I want to say that race relation in Mississippi is slight better than Alabama. You have not hear UA-Tuscaloosa race style drama in Ole Miss for years..
Man Pleads Guilty To Placing Noose On Civil Rights Statue At Ole Miss

Old 09-11-2015, 10:46 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,786 times
why would anyone voluntarily move to Mississippi???

unless you got stationed there or are in the witness protection program, why didn't you do your research???

I lived in south Carolina and I thought that was bad... but that wasn't even my choice...lol. if I had to live in Mississippi, I would probably find a tree and hang myself out by the "bayous" you got down there. someone else would probably come by and throw my dead carcass in the deep fryer and eat me.

seriously, you'd be better off living in Iraq.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
why would anyone voluntarily move to Mississippi???........
Not very many people do......

You're not very good at following the discussion are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi