U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM

767 posts, read 1,262,016 times
On the City-Data forum there are about 100 different topics. If we could just get one more and call it "SOUTH BASHING" or something to that effect, all the professional South Haters would have a place to gather to spew their hatred.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,793,526 times
Let me guess. You're moving to the capitalist Japan?

Old 12-21-2010, 09:06 PM

833 posts, read 1,145,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
Did I say it was wrong to avoid cesspools like MS?
Randy, it appears either your reading comprehension needs work, you're trying to sidestep the question, or you think the United States is a cesspool. Let me post the question again.

So are you advocating the same mindset that you chastize Mississippians for? You have said that you are moving out of the United States, and that you know many people who have because of the rampant problems here. Isn't that avoiding the problem?

Old 12-21-2010, 09:32 PM

735 posts, read 439,859 times
Every post this guy has is about his hatred of Mississippi. He wouldn't be happy anywhere.

I bet he's never been to the South.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:12 AM

371 posts, read 87,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
......your reading comprehension needs work......

So are you advocating the same mindset that you chastize Mississippians for? You have said that you are moving out of the United States, and that you know many people who have because of the rampant problems here. Isn't that avoiding the problem?

Quote:
Too many people see the future of America looking too much like MS. Crime in small towns, lack of values, run down housing and schools that forget to educate students.
Let's see, I specifically listed places in America I've lived and thought were great. By that you could assume I don't think the US is a cesspool. I specifically said MS is the worst in the US, by that you could assume this place is bottom of the barrel.

And by my quote above (which requires reading comprehension) I said I'm moving because the concern that as time progresses America will evolve to look more and more like MS, a place with endless problems and endless ignorance about them. I could do like many people and move to one of the decent areas, and wait for it to get worse. Or I could move to a place w/o the issues, get a higher standard of living and a higher satisfaction regarding the taxes taken each payday.

Since I don't know anyone respectable that says the America is on a path to success and everything I've read says we are making severely poor choices for future planning why would I think otherwise?

And if you think me moving to a place to ensure a better future for myself & family and a MS citizen to do nothing and allow endless social ills to ensure less opportunity for their families are comparable that's fine.

Some would argue that I should stay and try to "fix" things. When the masses become too ignorant democracy makes it impossible to find solutions, as the people that create all the problems make up the majority and will prevent the solutions.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:29 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,067,773 times
Quote:

Some would argue that I should stay and try to "fix" things. When the masses become too ignorant democracy makes it impossible to find solutions, as the people that create all the problems make up the majority and will prevent the solutions.
If that is how you have felt this whole time, then why did you start this thread?

Old 12-22-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
If that is how you have felt this whole time, then why did you start this thread?

Quote:
This post is just my review of the area, the stats are there to back it up and I hope that it helps at least one person avoid this place.
Already answered.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:14 PM

373 posts, read 444,425 times
Most of the stats that Randy exhibited were accurate! As a true patriot of the USA however, I would expect myself and other Americans to fight any battle that threatens US, whether it’s Al Qaeda, The Taliban, crime in America, poverty in America, disease in America, racism in America, etc, etc, etc. I just can’t picture myself jumping ship or taking off without the fiercest of fights. And I do regret having a single life to offer for my Country.

As Americans we must remember we are all ONE; Regardless of what State we hail from, what religion we practice, our skin color, our hair color, how much money we have or make, and where we live, etc, etc, etc.

Check out the links below, and see how some brave people would rather stay and fight some problems Randy mentioned rather than take to the woods.

Mississippi mayor leads charge against obesity epidemic | Need to Know

With all due respect Randy, I feel very worried for the rest of the service men and women that might have to serve with you. After reading this thread I now question you're loyalty to the USA.

Last edited by Swordfish; 12-25-2010 at 04:37 PM..

Old 12-25-2010, 10:38 PM

They can try to blame it on the "unavailability" of fresh foods. After all that 3 mile drive is too far to go, especially if you're rollin' on those 22" rims. I've also got to wonder why frozen and canned are completely written off in favor of fried? How about the clothes they are wearing- are they all bought in town? Here's an idea, get their fat ass on a bicycle and ride the 3 miles to buy groceries.

But I bet if that town was checked on in 2 years their obesity numbers won't have changed. Now you start mandating a PE class with a military style test to pass in the 1st grade and continuing until graduation you might be able to make a change in the childhood rates. Of course that won't happen, as the outcry for failing fat kids would be unreal. Stripping medicaid from obese peple would also be a nice step, along with businesses being allowed to deny medical benefits to obese people.

When I see that problems are recognized for 5-10 years and "action" is taken to solve those problems numerous times it makes me think that the actions are a waste of time. Yes it's good to eat fresh foods, but I've ate only canned and processed for 9 months out of the year for 5 years straight, and as long as I exercised obesity was an issue.

Even the Nutrisystem diet is primarily processed foods, and it greatly reduces obesity.

You can question my loyalty to doing my job to the best of my ability all you want. To try to draw a parallel between me recognizing a failing path and jumping ship and me deciding to fail on purpose is beyond a far reach.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:03 PM

9 posts, read 23,184 times
http://pjmb.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/troll.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi