U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 02:33 PM

82 posts, read 153,221 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I could use some insight as to whether or not this is a nice small town to live in. We've been house hunting in Saltillo and Guntown, it seems that everyone else is looking for the same criteria that we are looking for in a home. Not having much luck.

So we have considered Pontotoc, it seems they have more of what we are looking for home wise and more reasonable pricing. I've done some research and it seems it would be a fine place to live. I would just like to hear from some locals to see if it is actually as it appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 09:25 AM

13,470 posts, read 8,483,183 times
Speaking from Tupelo, I really don't like Pontotoc much. It alway struck me as dirty, cheap...I dunno. Just me, maybe, but in all the years we've been here we never once went to Pontotoc for any reason other then business of some sort.

Really, I'm surprised that you couldn't find what you want in Saltillo or Guntown.
We live in Belden (Tupelo) and like it.

Keep Trying!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM

17 posts, read 40,176 times
We have good friends who live in Pontotoc; they love it there, raised their children there and been very happy. We've gone to the Bodoc Festival a few times; it's fun!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 PM

241 posts, read 358,302 times
Well, I'm from PONTOTOC, I live in the city of Pontotoc. Lived here all my life. Yes this town is small, but is growing. Pontotoc city schools are one of the best schools around, JUST MY OPINION. The houses are cheap right know, until Toyota starts up. You don't have to go out of town just to go shopping for clothes, food, etc.... I like Tupelo, but the houses are not reasonable too much competiton. My sister lives there and she is renting a two bedroom apartment for $575 and she is look for another place, because her rent is going up, that is crazy. Anyways, Pontotoc is a small town, but it has alot to offer. If you move here your only 13 miles from the Toyota plant. The people here are friendly and well grounded. I think you would like it here, if you like living in a small town. Good luck with finding a new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi