U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 06:00 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,360,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_mama1 View Post
yea I'm also originally from Bronx, Ny to wow aint the world funny
Well, the public schools in the Bronx are failing us terribly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 06:32 PM

42 posts, read 81,061 times
Lil Mama, they are the ones who are brain washed. You are correct, people seem to have more interest in keeping the bloodlines of their animals true than their own.

If and when everyone in the world is brown with black hair, where will their holy
DIE-VERSITY be then. And that is not a misspelling. Birds of a feather, still flock together.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,102,731 times
Glad to see tolerance is alive and well in Mississippi... or not

Old 05-29-2011, 08:18 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,116,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Glad to see tolerance is alive and well in Mississippi... or not
Even though the comments of those who spout what you are referencing are from Reno and Louisville respectivley, not in Mississippi.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 PM

119 posts, read 318,008 times
LOL I seriously cannot believe the ignorance of some. I have met some close minded bigots in my life but some of the people lurking on these forums (hopefully they are trolls) beats anyone I've ever met before. Seriously, I think diversity is a stupid thing and there is nothing wrong in living in a one or two race area and it is stupid when colleges accept kids based on race (liberals seem to hate conservatives for being racist yet they do this). Even though I do not believe in "diversity" that does not mean that two people from different races should not be allowed to be together... Protection of bloodlines will be alive and well, its not like every white girl does not want a white guy....

Old 05-30-2011, 08:47 AM

169 posts, read 292,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yldrosie View Post
Lil Mama, they are the ones who are brain washed. You are correct, people seem to have more interest in keeping the bloodlines of their animals true than their own.

If and when everyone in the world is brown with black hair, where will their holy
DIE-VERSITY be then. And that is not a misspelling. Birds of a feather, still flock together.
thanks finally someone else on here
and look people rosie's not even in the south...oh know we're multiplying lol

Old 05-30-2011, 08:49 AM

169 posts, read 292,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Well, the public schools in the Bronx are failing us terribly.
maybe recently

Old 06-01-2011, 03:13 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,641,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
To add to what greenmariner said, "the damage has already been done". Meaning, for example, there are plenty of Black and White folks in Mississippi that are part Choctaw(which I am and my dad is from Tchula, btw). So, many Black and White people in Mississippi could be related indirectly through Native American heritage. You also have the Creole influence in Southern Mississippi similar to Louisiana. So, there are some people in that part of the state that are of say African and French descent. So, it's been going on in Mississippi longer than people think it has.
Agree 100%. I didn't know how common this was in Mississippi (might depend on the part of Mississippi, but I'm about an hour's drive away from the reservation) until I did some research. Turns out my great-grandmother was half-Choctaw. Looking at pics of her, she basically looked like a dark-skinned native American.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 AM

56,197 posts, read 80,312,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivalis View Post
Agree 100%. I didn't know how common this was in Mississippi (might depend on the part of Mississippi, but I'm about an hour's drive away from the reservation) until I did some research. Turns out my great-grandmother was half-Choctaw. Looking at pics of her, she basically looked like a dark-skinned native American.
Same here and my grandmother has pictures of her mother and her grandmother at her house here in Syracuse. So, I have the proof. This in turn makes all of the hating that has gone on in Mississippi kind of stupid when in turn people could be hating on distance relatives in some cases. I can imagine the stories in Neshoba County and the irony.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM

2,067 posts, read 2,880,317 times
To all of those worried about Mississippi....why don't you use some common sense? If there was such open hostility to interracial marriage in Mississippi don't y'all think it would be all over the news? Good grief the ignorance of people astonishes me to no end. The "I saw it in a movie so it must be true" crap is so old and annoying. Forget things you saw in these ridiculous movies & shows and actually go and visit and see for yourself. You'll be surprised I guarantee you. I'm happy to back up my brothers and sisters down in Mississippi because I get tired of hearing about Ozark hillbillies whenever someone mentions Missouri when most Missourians (Myself included) don't even live in the Ozarks. Ain't anything wrong with interracial marriage, if you think it's wrong fine that's your opinion but who are you to say that someone else shouldn't do it if they want? Just somethin to think about from an ole Missouri boy.

Last edited by GunnerTHB; 06-01-2011 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or