Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:05 AM

3 posts, read 8,008 times

Advertisements

There really is not much in Saucier at ALL. There's no big stores, unless you count the dollar store which is on Highway 49 basically outside of "Saucier". It's mainly just a bunch of houses and trailers in the country. There are some nice houses and nicer areas, but a lot of it is just trailers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 01:15 AM

2 posts, read 6,018 times
I live in Saucier with my husband and my children (ages 8-16) and we all love it. We are not sleepy elders, we actually have great parties. It is a small area where everyone knows everyone. Someone is always having a bar-b-q or playing volleyball, softball in the yard. We just drive around and find where all the cars are parked. My children come to every party with us and play with their many friends. It is like one great big family. We all hang out, play, hunt, fish, together. Move here and you will not regret it.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,270 times
I understand Saucier is Meth Heaven now. They all moved to the country to avoid suspicion by neighbors. I wouldn't move there. Maybe living near the 49/I-10 Crossroads would be better...at least more to do...and easier toget around. Its so sad that the Powere-to-Be can't get things built back for the younger people. Yhere's nothing to do on the coast unless its gamble away your little pay check. Even then you have to be over 21. Let's hound our Mayors for family activities. Remine they we'll be voting next election too.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:34 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,378 times
Wow this is old. I actually lived in saucer right off old 49 and bert roads when I last posted here. Saucer has 1 great neiberhood. it was on the way to my old house. going north on hwy 49 make a left at wortham(the one with nicks chevron) and go straight for maybe half a mile. you will be in robinwood. gorgous neiborhood. the only part that sucks about living there is that bug are 300% worse than Gulfport. And the commute. I commuted to Near the Beau everyday and got real used to it

Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,787 times
Saucier is one of the best places for family life. It's about 15 mins to the center of shopping in what we call Orange Grove. I have lived here since 94 on a ranch. Plenty of church groups to join of all religions, and lots of good neighbors helping each other. I would never want to move any where else. I have lived in 3 of the coastal cities and I find that Saucier is just wonderful. Schools are good with nice teachers who care about your child. Of course in area you have some people who don't take care of their property but for the most part Saucier is a great place to reside. It's between to shopping cities both Gulfport, Ms. and Wiggins, Ms. both are 15 mins. Now we have Hwy. 67 that leads into Biloxi and it's 4 lanes.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,746 times
Some people have no class (theBrain) or is it no brain. Saucier is a very pleasant place to live and work. We do have a meth problem but arrests are being made and the judges are putting the chemists away. The positives override the negatives greatly. Trailers in the area are simply a stepping stone to site built homes in most cases but all areas have their trashy places and we are no better.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:28 AM

10 posts, read 18,864 times
I don't know how you even came up with Saucier? It isn't a city! So there are no jobs. Housing is what you haul in or build. Lot's of meth. Why would you even consider a place you know nothing about?

Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 AM

643 posts, read 1,393,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnoliamiss View Post
I don't know how you even came up with Saucier? It isn't a city! So there are no jobs. Housing is what you haul in or build. Lot's of meth. Why would you even consider a place you know nothing about?
lol I hated Saucier at one point but looking back on it I loved the place. The jobs are right down the road on the coast. The bugs are horrible in summer so be prepared for that, if your from the country down south it's nothing you can't handle.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,059 times
I'm from Canada and my last name is Saucier so I was wondering if there are any Sauciers living in the area? We're going to be travelling over the next couple of years and Saucier is a definite must see.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:59 PM

159 posts, read 263,537 times
Whitepages say there are many a surname of Saucier in Saucier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi