Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,225 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about the biodiesel plant at Nettleton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,216 times
Default Biodiesel Of Mississippi

Biodiesel of Mississippi (Nettleton) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and was auctioned off.

If anyone else has the info on exactly how that happened (I know they ran out of money), let me know.

How do you go bankrupt producing 40-60,000 gallons per day?

Old 07-20-2007, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,092 times
Biodiesel refineries are going bankrupt because it costs more money to produce biodiesel from soybeans than the product is worse. In addition, the price of soybeans is currently increasing dramatically because of supply and demand. This is beginning to impact grocery stores and particularly restaurants.

If the refineries would begin using algae oil as a feedstock, the production price will decrease drastically, the environment will get cleaner, and we can use our food for eating.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,079 times
Default ill tell you how

The guy that was running it was embesseling money. Seriously my brother in law was doing the welding for them and billed them and no one was getting paid but the MAIN GUY. Even the secretaries werent getting their pay checks.
But my aunt worked for the bank that the Head honcho banked and she said he would come in and cash checks instead of deposit them.
THAT is how the Nettleton one went under!
I am from Nettleton I know alllllll about it!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,653 times
Does anyone know how much did the plant sold for at auction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi