U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:00 PM

23,960 posts, read 30,093,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
Ah, finally I get to see the entire picture instead of a crop. Ok, that appears to be evidence that three people illegally voted in the Democratic primary and the Republican runoff in the same year. That's three [3] invalid votes in a 6000+ margin election. Only 6000+ more invalid votes to go..
its 3 of 12 on one page. im wondering if they are going to go through all the vote rolls and check. im sure McDaniel is being offered something to just let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:07 PM

13,454 posts, read 8,472,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its 3 of 12 on one page. im wondering if they are going to go through all the vote rolls and check. im sure McDaniel is being offered something to just let it go.
Offered something? My guess is that there is not enough tea in China......

McDaniels is dug in!

Actually, a lot of people may have simply made a mistake. I didn't know Democrats could not vote in the Primary Runoff if they had voted in the Democratic Primary, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

McDaniels is Hard Right and believes what he says he believes. He just can't let it go that Cochran was nominated by Democrats. I don't think he'll ever prove it, though.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:06 PM

105 posts, read 233,303 times
Anyone that voted Democrat in the Primary can not vote Republican in the Run Off. I worked the polls at one time.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:09 PM

105 posts, read 233,303 times
I should have said I was a Precinct Worker !!!

Old 06-30-2014, 07:59 AM

2,790 posts, read 3,876,460 times
Quote:
There's no question that McDaniel supporters are combing through voter roll books with magnifying glasses and cameras. As I've said before, if Cochran won based on illegal votes then his victory should not stand.

But I still state that that picture proves nothing more than 3 votes in the entire runoff were illegal. One data point is NOT a trend. It's possible that all other roll book pages are just like this; that 75% of the votes are illegal. But I doubt it or the conservative media would have the proof splashed all over the internet by now. What's more likely is that the page in the picture is an aberration where a poll worker made a mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW1938 View Post
Anyone that voted Democrat in the Primary can not vote Republican in the Run Off. I worked the polls at one time.
... and this is one reason why I think that.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
There's no question that McDaniel supporters are combing through voter roll books with magnifying glasses and cameras. As I've said before, if Cochran won based on illegal votes then his victory should not stand.

But I still state that that picture proves nothing more than 3 votes in the entire runoff were illegal. One data point is NOT a trend. It's possible that all other roll book pages are just like this; that 75% of the votes are illegal. But I doubt it or the conservative media would have the proof splashed all over the internet by now. What's more likely is that the page in the picture is an aberration where a poll worker made a mistake.
... and this is one reason why I think that.
I think its important to check them to satisfy these doubts. I don't know what to believe, there are news reports of officials not allowing the books to be checked. there is also something regarding switching poll books to ensure no double voting and that supposedly wasn't done. i don't really trust the overlords to ensure that this is done properly.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I think its important to check them to satisfy these doubts. I don't know what to believe, there are news reports of officials not allowing the books to be checked. there is also something regarding switching poll books to ensure no double voting and that supposedly wasn't done. i don't really trust the overlords to ensure that this is done properly.
I fair, balanced, interesting and relevant post?

I say we promote Captain NJ and make him President!

Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 PM

4,278 posts, read 4,063,574 times
Democrat Pastor Accuses Thad Cochran Campaign of Vote-for-Pay Scheme

Is this a photoshop? Not sure.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I fair, balanced, interesting and relevant post?

I say we promote Captain NJ and make him President!

well, im not sure im the poster boy for fair and balanced. im a tea party guy and im very offended by the tactics used in this race. tea party challengers have lost against establishment politicians and we have moved on and supported the winner. however, this race was decided by democrats and while it may or may not have been illegal, republicans shouldnt be ok with that. its funny how some people see it as some game and all that matters is winning and if one side wins unfairly, we should just pat him on the back and say "you got me this time!" i dont see it as a game and i think the republican candidate should be chosen by republicans. so i intend on volunteering to make calls for childers if this things isnt overturned.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
well, im not sure im the poster boy for fair and balanced. im a tea party guy and im very offended by the tactics used in this race. tea party challengers have lost against establishment politicians and we have moved on and supported the winner. however, this race was decided by democrats and while it may or may not have been illegal, republicans shouldnt be ok with that. its funny how some people see it as some game and all that matters is winning and if one side wins unfairly, we should just pat him on the back and say "you got me this time!" i dont see it as a game and i think the republican candidate should be chosen by republicans. so i intend on volunteering to make calls for childers if this things isnt overturned.
Ch-Ch-Ch-CHILDERS??!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or