Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 02:42 PM

123 posts, read 155,831 times

Advertisements

lol at Michelle Obama is fit. Her arms aren't her whole body. The Obamas don't just mention exercise. They change school lunch menus, and much of Obama's push for the "Affordable" Care act involved rhetoric about obesity. If you lecture people about what they eat and talk about obesity all the time, it is human nature for people to ask how you have crediblity if you are overweight yourself. I'm in better shape than Michelle is and I don't even eat healthy, or exercise that much. Obesity is really more a function of genetics than behavior. I also don't t hink even most Democrats voted for Obama to hear about obesity all the time. That is a private matter b/t peeople and their doctors and I don't think most people with tendency to put on weight are unaware that eating junk food and lack of exercise can lead to weight gain. Nobody needs the Obamaas to break that down for them.

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-17-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 05:25 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Personal experiences of living here for 5 years. Also, I advise to stay far away from this depressing sink hole..unless you like rude people and no chance of landing a decent job.

P.s.- People here will treat you "nice" as a ploy to pry into your personal affairs.
It hasn't been a good experience for you in Miss, so what state would you like to move to?

Do you think Miss is the only place where people may act nice so that can learn more about you, or the only place you might find rude people? This kinda stuff happens everywhere.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:09 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Mississippi isn't that bad a state.. its a lot like Kentucky it is misunderstood. Yes they have a lot of poor uneducated people in rural areas but they also have professionals just like every other state. Mississippi is not my fav state but its far from the worst state. SEC.. congrats to Ole Miss and Miss St football fans on being number one and number three in the polls.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:46 PM

Cities have a lot of poor uneducated people. Poor uneducated people are people too. They don't make a state bad or good place to live for more affluent people, far as I can see.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:30 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Pretty sure most patients not going to go for that. I can't see my physicians doing that. I will ask them if they are sending personal info to the government. Those weight stats are bogus. No way 1 out of 3 people in MS or any state is obese. You are making fun of retarded people now? Such empathy and class.
I just told you the information send by the doctors DO NOT include personal info. And then you proceed to want to ask the doctors if they send personal info. Bless your heart, but you need to try a little harder.

I suggest the next think you do is look up what HIPA actually says.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:02 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Mississippi isn't that bad a state.. its a lot like Kentucky it is misunderstood. Yes they have a lot of poor uneducated people in rural areas but they also have professionals just like every other state. Mississippi is not my fav state but its far from the worst state. SEC.. congrats to Ole Miss and Miss St football fans on being number one and number three in the polls.
Step 1: Click on page 1

Step 2: Read my very first post

Step 3: Become enlightened

Old 10-18-2014, 12:04 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Step 1: Click on page 1

Step 2: Read my very first post

Step 3: Become enlightened
You forgot to mention the humidity.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I just told you the information send by the doctors DO NOT include personal info. And then you proceed to want to ask the doctors if they send personal info. Bless your heart, but you need to try a little harder.

I suggest the next think you do is look up what HIPA actually says.
most southerners (the cool ones) don't say "bless your heart" in a sarcastic way like that. You can toss your Southerners for Dummies handbook because none of those cliches about southerners are true. We are individuals, not some speciies at the zoo with similar behavorioal patterns.

Doctors are not sending info to the government. Yes, my weight info is personal info even if my name is not attached. I want to know if my physicians are doing that. I see no reason why the government needs to have that info. If i am obese, is government going to solve that problem? Burn some calfories for me? BLock me from eating junk food? no, so no reason government needs that kind of private info on people.

People mindlessly running down MS isn't going to make it a more attractive place for businesses to locate. So if you really care about the lack of jobs and poverty, then maybe start saying positive things about MS.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:26 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
most southerners (the cool ones) don't say "bless your heart" in a sarcastic way like that. You can toss your Southerners for Dummies handbook because none of those cliches about southerners are true. We are individuals, not some speciies at the zoo with similar behavorioal patterns.

Doctors are not sending info to the government. Yes, my weight info is personal info even if my name is not attached. I want to know if my physicians are doing that. I see no reason why the government needs to have that info. If i am obese, is government going to solve that problem? Burn some calfories for me? BLock me from eating junk food? no, so no reason government needs that kind of private info on people.

People mindlessly running down MS isn't going to make it a more attractive place for businesses to locate. So if you really care about the lack of jobs and poverty, then maybe start saying positive things about MS.
The numbers are probably arrived at by polling doctors and health care providers. Something along the lines of "what percentage of your patients are overweight? what percentage of your patients are morbidly obese?"

Old 10-18-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
The numbers are probably arrived at by polling doctors and health care providers. Something along the lines of "what percentage of your patients are overweight? what percentage of your patients are morbidly obese?"
I doubt it, if the stats are that 1 out of 3 people is obese. I don't think most doctors are going to claim that 1 out of 3 people in one of the 50 states in obese. The stats given seem to be conflating obesity with being overweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi