U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 11:37 PM

3,228 posts, read 4,189,461 times

Advertisements

Apparently, Yolanda was drunk: Father and son killed when vehicle forced off I-55 overpass; dru - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS .

She is said to have "clipped" the jeep, which sent it over the railing. I assume she was speeding. The victims were from Illinois.

This comes not a month after an apparently drunken Melandus killed two girls from Tennessee: Suspect Held On $3M Bond In DUI Death Of 2 Briarcrest Students - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13 . They appear to have been really sweet, wholesome girls. They were going though Mississippi, on the way to the beach. Melandus hit the car their grandmother was driving, from behind, and knocked it off the road. This happened in the northern part of the state. You work like crazy, to make money to send the kids to a private school, to keep them safe. You send them to the beach, with a grandmother as chaperone, to be sure it's an extra-safe vacation, with no crazy teen driving. And what happens? They've barely crossed the Mississippi State Line, when some drunk speeds up behind the car, and kills your children.

I hope both these perps get tried for Depraved Heart Murder. That's what happened when Karen had two glasses of wine at the Country Club, and then barreled down Old Canton Road at seventy-something mph, in her Mercedes. She managed to kill two young physicians, who were engaged to be married. Their vehicle exploded into flames. Karen Irby Sentenced to 18 Years | Jackson Free Press | Jackson, MS The charges got reduced, and then, thanks for outgoing Governor Boss Hogg, she got to go home, in less time than it takes for a lady's collagened lips to deflate and require new injections. Like Melandus, Karen had apparently been arrested for speeding-while-drunk, before. Jackson Jambalaya: Karen Irby Previously Arrested for DUI and Reckless Driving

That's how it goes. But could they at least try for Depraved Heart Murder with these two?

Should people be afraid, simply to drive through Mississippi? Should people fear driving the speed limit, lest some fool should get drunk and hit them from behind? How fast does one need to drive, to be sure some fool drunken fool isn't driving faster? The speed limits are set at the threshold of danger. Going above those speed limits is inviting catastrophe. Tires pop. Things fall off trucks. Things happen. And the faster you go, the shorter your window for reacting, the less your car is able to respond and avoid the accident - and the greater the impact, should there be a collision. I should not be forced to drive at insane and illegal speeds, as a defense against drunken speeders.

Dangerous roads are not good for attracting "jobs" (danger is bad for business: one way or another, it costs big money). Travelers should not fear crossing the state. If the authorities cannot sober people up, can they at least do something about the speeding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 06:08 AM

772 posts, read 785,278 times
Yolanda McNeely who was from Ridgeland was charged with Aggravated DUI & Leaving the scene of an accident! She was arrested in the downtown area following the accident, and so far she has yet to have been charged with murder of any kind, but I'm sure they'll get her for it!

Old 06-21-2015, 08:33 AM

806 posts, read 770,845 times
Unfortantly, our abundance of idiots with little self control and scant law enforcement provide an friendly environment for these kind of situations.

Friends of mine moved to rural Yazoo County, I made sure they understood 911 was of little value. If they had to call it, it may take first reposnders a half hour or more to reach the house, if they could find it.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:08 AM

13,467 posts, read 8,483,183 times
Most folks never heard of Depraved Heart Murder. But it's real. It's on the books and it's a biggie in spite of the goofy name. It means murder where intent to kill does not have to be proven. Carries a mandatory life sentence.

Around where I live Patrick Presley (yep, THAT family) got drunk and high enough to roar up the freeway going the wrong way and take aim at a random pair of headlights. Lady died. Guilty. Life. And later, suicide in prison.

Patrick was the son of our very popular sheriff Harold Ray Presley, who was First Cousin Once Removed to Elvis. That just means that Harold Ray and Elvis were first cousins but separated by a generation. I think. And I have no idea what relation that makes Patrick to Elvis. Doesn't matter, because Elvis was a real stand tall guy and Patrick, well..........wasn't.

Can you cure stupid? Can you cure dog-ass mean? Can you make people stop texting while driving? I doubt it.

But you can - and should - drive with both eyes and both hands watching what the other guy is doing. The last 5 years I worked I drove an 18 wheeler. Drove 750,000 miles in 5 years, so I was a busy trucker. And I got to see several bodies, several burned up vehicles, lots of flashing blue lights, and more middle fingers than I could ever report.

You gotta be careful out there.

As a side note, Harold Ray Presley was killed on a fairly ordinary Tuesday night when he was out chasing a bad guy and the bad guy got the drop on him. That particular bad guy died later of a particularly nasty ass-whuppin'. They tried the deputies involved in the afore mentioned AW event, but never could convict them. Around here, "He Needed Killin'" is a reasonable defense.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zblanton1 View Post
Yolanda McNeely who was from Ridgeland was charged with Aggravated DUI & Leaving the scene of an accident! She was arrested in the downtown area following the accident, and so far she has yet to have been charged with murder of any kind, but I'm sure they'll get her for it!
I just found pictures of the vivacious blonde Yolanda McNeely: https://www.facebook.com/people/Yola...00005244255276 If this is the right one, she is (or was) a cook at Jackson State University, and is a graduate of Alma's Beauty College (and it SHOWS!). I wonder if she is a resident of one of Ridgeland's many fashionable and happening apartment communities, or if she has her own fine brick dream-home, in some leafy planned community.

Whichever abode Yolanda chose, the neighbors in Ridgeland must be dazzled by her taste in shoes: https://www.facebook.com/pages/WE-SW...39838299375959 . I like the grey one. It looks like a Piranha.

And does anybody know what this exemplary Scotswoman was driving? I'd like to know what sort of vehicle wins a fight with a Jeep.
Your post must have come in, as I was ogling Yolanda's fiiiiine We Swag shoes, Listener. If you ask me, the "He Needed Killin'" defense is valid, when it saves the 'system' countless Dollars, through the elimination of somebody destined for a life of crime, court, and prison. And there seem to be a lot of people in Mississippi, who need killin', before they manage to kill/maim/widow/orphan/bankrupt/ruin-the-lives-of OTHERS.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 06-21-2015 at 10:58 AM..

Old 06-21-2015, 11:17 AM

13,467 posts, read 8,483,183 times
This here is real serious stuff, what with drinkin', drivin' and smokin' stuff being the prime contributor to what's wrong with the world.

So I'm going to do what I always do when I feel left out on account of my sanity. I'm going to play John Prine's Crazy as a Loon. Loud as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh33...h33ipvRSfY#t=0

Old 06-21-2015, 12:53 PM

Moderator cut: address directions removed Great detective work, Z!

That's close enough. I don't need her address. Not going to fly in, so's I can drop by and take her a casserole, or some bail money, or anything. Now, I have a clearer picture of her domestic situation, and won't be erroneously picturing her in a string bikini and We Swag stilettos, poolside, 'living lifestyle', in a fabuloso 'amenity rich' Ridgeland apartment community.

And "small white vehicle" is enough to tell me she's not driving a Pearl White version of Battlefield Gucci's 7-series BMW, with the special fortified wheels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFyznZx6f0 Now, a 7-series is something I can see knocking a Jeep off an overpass: a Nissan Cube, not so much.

Oh, and GREAT THEME MUSIC, Listener!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-28-2015 at 06:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or