Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 06:32 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times

Advertisements

Drama among senators now.

Ole Miss student senator faces calls for resignation after supporting state flag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 06:37 PM

25 posts, read 25,111 times
Ole miss gets more than Half of its funding from the federal government. Add another 30% from tuition, private donors and Athletics and franchises. State funds especially with the cuts keeps getting smaller and smaller.

The fight is over.
Common sense has won.

I keep saying it, Anyone that loves a flag that the kkk waves at black people in a deliberate attempt at provocation needs to look inwards.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyBlackMale View Post
Ole miss gets more than Half of its funding from the federal government. Add another 30% from tuition, private donors and Athletics and franchises. State funds especially with the cuts keeps getting smaller and smaller.

The fight is over.
Common sense has won.

I keep saying it, Anyone that loves a flag that the kkk waves at black people in a deliberate attempt at provocation needs to look inwards.
Much of the alumni are pretty pissed off at the University right now.

Around 20% comes from the state, a huge chunk from the alumni associations and the rest from the Feds.

And the fight is far from over friend, the PC police are going to hit a roadblock in Mississippi, and since Coon and Mannie have resorted to shaming tactics to force out someone who dared disagree with them I think there's good enough reason to give the "tolerant" types the finger.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Much of the alumni are pretty pissed off at the University right now.

Around 20% comes from the state, a huge chunk from the alumni associations and the rest from the Feds.

And the fight is far from over friend, the PC police are going to hit a roadblock in Mississippi, and since Coon and Mannie have resorted to shaming tactics to force out someone who dared disagree with them I think there's good enough reason to give the "tolerant" types the finger.
Good thing you admitted you're not "tolerant". That goes without saying right?....

Also, I'm partially curious as to why you care so much about a flag that's not Arizona's.
Your state is a relatively well off state and the only thing you care about Mississippi is seeing us so backwards, poor and unable to attract talent due to a hostile environment so we can match what Phoenix and Tucson offers?

Old 10-23-2015, 10:34 PM

799 posts, read 1,064,714 times
Quote:
Good thing you admitted you're not "tolerant". That goes without saying right?....

Also, I'm partially curious as to why you care so much about a flag that's not Arizona's.
Your state is a relatively well off state and the only thing you care about Mississippi is seeing us so backwards, poor and unable to attract talent due to a hostile environment so we can match what Phoenix and Tucson offers?
I take it Desert Kid would have also been rallying with the skinheads and the KKK last Friday as well.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
I take it Desert Kid would have also been rallying with the skinheads and the KKK last Friday as well.
I'm struggling to see your point here honestly.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I'm struggling to see your point here honestly.
The two groups were the only ones out at Ole Miss supporting the flag last Friday. I'm not saying they're others that support the flag, but they were the only ones out there last Friday. Why would somebody honestly support something two of the most vile the hate groups support? People who support the flag by saying they support history. Go research history when it comes to the 1960's and who mostly used that flag then and why. I don't get what his fascination is with our state affairs either since he doesn't live here. There are actually people here who want to move this state forward and want to stop it from continuing to be the laughing stock of the country. He's just a long line of people who want to keep it the way it is like good ol Phil "The Idiot" Bryant.

Last edited by sammyreynolds1977; 10-24-2015 at 12:19 AM..

Old 10-24-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
The two groups were the only ones out at Ole Miss supporting the flag last Friday. I'm not saying they're others that support the flag, but they were the only ones out there last Friday. Why would somebody honestly support something two of the most vile the hate groups support? People who support the flag by saying they support history. Go research history when it comes to the 1960's and who mostly used that flag then and why. I don't get what his fascination is with our state affairs either sense he doesn't live here. There are actually people here who want to move this state forward and want to stop it from continuing to be the laughing stock of the country. He's just a long line of people who want to keep it the way it is like good ol Phil "The Idiot" Bryant.

Well spoken man.
Every supporter of the flag knows the truth deep down. They just choose to deny it.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Well spoken man.
Every supporter of the flag knows the truth deep down. They just choose to deny it.
I know if it were put up to a vote again the majority would still keep it. That's why I want the legislature to do it but I'm not even convinced they're smart enough either.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Arizona's state flag was designed by a gun club 5 years after we were admitted, that's a beautiful victory in itself!

You know "tolerant" and damn well what. I can perfectly accept views counter to mine. What I don't like is that when I disagree with somebody's view or lifestyle that I have to be some sort of bigot and hate them wholesale. This "tolerant" is exactly what Allen Coon and Sierra Mannie showed to Andrew Soper about ten days before the ASB vote, they outed him for wanting to keep the flag on campus and tried to slander and defame him.

That's the "tolerant" I'm talking about, the kind of "tolerant" the masks the true colors of an underhanded chickensh*t.

Quote:
I consider the KKK and skinheads use of the flag offensive. It doesn't do my ancestor, Private William Singleton Lee (Company C. 2nd Texas Cavalry "Arizona Brigade") any honor or justice.

Last edited by Desert kid; 10-24-2015 at 11:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi