U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-24-2015, 01:19 PM
 
22 posts, read 25,310 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

I decided to post this thread here since Biloxi was their stronghold . Anyways does the Dixie Mafia still exist ? Is it still mainly based in the Gulf Coast States ? What's known about them ( membership , current activities, etc ) . I'm going to write a book about European-American mob groups in the 2010s so I'm trying to find out as much information as possible , especially from ordinary people .


Investigating a gang of Southerners sounds especially interesting . Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated since rumors and such can help establish a research location .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2015, 12:10 AM
 
631 posts, read 628,455 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Big Man View Post
I decided to post this thread here since Biloxi was their stronghold . Anyways does the Dixie Mafia still exist ? Is it still mainly based in the Gulf Coast States ? What's known about them ( membership , current activities, etc ) . I'm going to write a book about European-American mob groups in the 2010s so I'm trying to find out as much information as possible , especially from ordinary people .


Investigating a gang of Southerners sounds especially interesting . Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated since rumors and such can help establish a research location .
The Dixie Mafia are still around the but they aren't as prevalent as they used to be. They like the New York mob are much more underground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2015, 09:21 AM
 
1,325 posts, read 1,005,030 times
Reputation: 1085
My assumption was that the Dixie Mafia largely died out when legal gambling was introduced to the Gulf Coast and the illegal gambling establishments, strip clubs and other vice-related businesses largely went away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2015, 07:00 PM
 
8,882 posts, read 5,038,893 times
Reputation: 9237
they are gone, but others are using their name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2015, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
976 posts, read 605,489 times
Reputation: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Big Man View Post
I decided to post this thread here since Biloxi was their stronghold . Anyways does the Dixie Mafia still exist ? Is it still mainly based in the Gulf Coast States ? What's known about them ( membership , current activities, etc ) . I'm going to write a book about European-American mob groups in the 2010s so I'm trying to find out as much information as possible , especially from ordinary people .


Investigating a gang of Southerners sounds especially interesting . Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated since rumors and such can help establish a research location .
The name originated from the local law enforcement and it describe a loose knit network of career criminals. Therefore it's not a formal group with a hierarchy, recruitment criteria , nor is it based on exclusive background. There's plenty of organized crime and criminal cliques throughout Biloxi and the whole state as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 AM
 
22 posts, read 25,310 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
The Dixie Mafia are still around the but they aren't as prevalent as they used to be. They like the New York mob are much more underground.




Is there any recent news about them ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 08:28 AM
 
22 posts, read 25,310 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
The name originated from the local law enforcement and it describe a loose knit network of career criminals. Therefore it's not a formal group with a hierarchy, recruitment criteria , nor is it based on exclusive background. There's plenty of organized crime and criminal cliques throughout Biloxi and the whole state as well.


What sort of organized crime is present in Biloxi and Mississippi ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 11:46 AM
 
1,325 posts, read 1,005,030 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Big Man View Post
What sort of organized crime is present in Biloxi and Mississippi ?

I would assume about the only really organized crime in Mississippi and Biloxi at this point would be related to street gangs who mostly would be involved in drugs, guns and prostitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2016, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
976 posts, read 605,489 times
Reputation: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Big Man View Post
What sort of organized crime is present in Biloxi and Mississippi ?
There are local criminal crews involved in different activities. Whenever a major raid/bust/indictment happens the group will be simply called a "ring/network/syndicate" and not the Dixie mob. There are plenty of unknown groups of criminals throughout Biloxi & the state. There are the Bandidos & their support club Pistoleros who are active in over a handful of cities including the Gulf Coast, Aryan Brotherhood have some kind of network outside of prison, and Simon City Royals. The Royals are a Chicago street organization with chapters throughout the state , Gulf Coast have the largest numbers, and their involved in multiple activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top