Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:14 AM

9 posts, read 27,883 times

Advertisements

I have cousins who have attended Heritage Academy in Columbus. I think the tuition is in the $5000-$6000 range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,823 times
Good Morning, I recently found this website and your concerns. By now you must have found some place to live, but if not my family rents out 5 different houses (all to CAFB personnel). They are located in numerous locations around town, all located in easy to get to and safe locations. So if you decide to stay in Columbus and experience the rich history, the Tenn-Tom river, the MSU Bulldogs (football, basketball, baseball), travel to Tupelo for shopping similar to Warner-Robbins, and other major cities, then please email me and I send some personal info to get intouch with my parents or we can contact you with the property/s coming avail. As for the school system, whites do go to school with other races and get along just fine. There are private schools like Heritage Academy or Annunciation Catholic, but as long as your children pay attention and ask questions in class the teachers will take the time to help them. The teachers like interaction, and hate disruptive students (those students are sent to the Principles office and disciplined on a regular basis as in any other school system). While the scores may not look all that great for Columbus students, it is also up to the student and parents to teach/learn outside of the classroom. If after a semester or two you think they are not progressing as they should, then maybe consider taking them out. However, Columbus requires core level classes as any other school system that prepares them for college if that is where they want to go. If they are not going to college they may avoid such classes as Algebra, etc. for more hands on classes.

I grew up in Columbus a long time ago and left to explore the world with the U.S. Navy. Since getting out I have chosen to live in every city that I find interesting. This has taken me to New Orleans, Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles, San Diego, Boston, and my current residence of Manhattan.

The only real culture shock to speak of in Columbus is the lack of shopping and higher end restaraunts that you would have in Warner-Robbins. The racial background is about the same and the heat just as bad.

I hope this helps with any future decisions you may have.

Chris

Old 03-20-2010, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,332 times
Default columbus school system & the CAFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman9901 View Post
I believe they changed the policy last fall so that base housing residents now send their children to Caledonia schools. You might call the housing referral office on base and ask them.

Rentals are pretty tight, and expensive for the most part. The housing office on base might be able to help.
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

I am a city school bus driver and as of now, the CAFB students still CHOOSE which school system they want(city or county)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi