Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 06:44 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,234,636 times

Advertisements

It's crazy considering all the rumors I've heard about Governor Bryant's son being gay. He sure puts the HOME in Homophobia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 08:07 PM

799 posts, read 1,065,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That video was scary, now imagine wondering if the owner of any given shop you go into will act the same towards you. I'm leery when going into new shops with my wife for this very reason. We have seen too much hate directed to people like us in this state, and in all honesty if this law had been in the works when we transferred here, we would not have come. There are at least two people LGBT people that work with my wife that are asking for a transfer because of this law and her manager even asked her if she was thinking about leaving too. It's already hard to get qualified people to come here to fill jobs, this just makes it harder.
Sad thing is Mississippi can't recall a state official unless he has been convicted of a felony. Has much of an idiot Bryant is Phil Gunn is in the same category.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
It's crazy considering all the rumors I've heard about Governor Bryant's son being gay. He sure puts the HOME in Homophobia!
His son is gay. From the rumors I've heard he's basically disowned his son.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
You have to love those family values.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:27 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You have to love those family values.
Lordy! I just had to find a picture of the hapless lad. Apparently, he's the one in the red shorts, here in 'Social South', one of the local society glossies. They're at an affair called 'Seersucker & Sombreros'. Looks like River Hills Tennis Club, but I could be wrong. Stephen & Katie Bryant Snell, Dwight McDonough, Whitney Giordano & Patrick Bryant - Social South (click the picture to enlarge) In case readers from out-of-state have read the term 'Prepneck' (a Redneck who thinks he/she's a Preppy), and wonder what that means, that little grouping may serve to illustrate.

And check out the eyebrows on the one at the other end. That's the son-in-law.

But truly: I get a strong 'vibe' from Guuuvnurrrrrr Bouffant, himself. (that man has the hardest 'r'-sounds south of Kentucky) If it's true, it sure wouldn't be the first time... :16 Antigay Leaders Exposed as Gay or Bi | Advocate.com

Old 04-08-2016, 10:14 PM

The disown rumor is that just a rumor because nobody knows for sure. But his son is openly gay and lives in Austin. But Phil and Tater will do anything to ruin the state. I read an article today that gave an accurate account on why you haven't heard any major companies for anything about the state. The reason is there are aren't any Fortune 500 companies headquartered here in the state like in Georgia and NC. All in all nobody cares what we do because let's face it, we're irrelevant.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:58 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,613,441 times
If that rumor is true, it's beyond disgusting. A father who would disown his son because his son is gay must be a very sad, bitter, weak and insecure man with low self esteem and very little self-confidence. I pity that man. I really do. Imagine being him.

I wonder what happened to him in his life that he has it in his heart to disown his son like that?

Old 04-09-2016, 04:54 PM

205 posts, read 249,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Let's call it what it really is, a law that legalizes bigotry, is as simple as that.
Couldn't agree more!

Old 04-09-2016, 06:17 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Jesus said nothing about homosexuality or same-sex marriage. Using Jesus to justify bigotry is a very obnoxious thing to do. He doesn't side with you guys.
You know absolutely nothing about Jesus.

Luke 17

[28] Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[29] But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man [Jesus] is revealed.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:23 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You know absolutely nothing about Jesus.

Luke 17

[28] Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[29] But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man [Jesus] is revealed.
I know far more than you do. You like most right wingers completely butcher the story of Sodom. It had nothing to do with gay people. Stop using the Bible to justify your bigotry. Your understanding of it is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi