U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 07:02 PM

30 posts, read 33,232 times

Advertisements

ok So I need help. My father's 80th bday is in august. we don't have to celebrate right then so Sept date is ok- or basically we are flexible.
We had kept thinking we would take him to a blues festival (5 adults, 4 kids) for a short weekend. He could sit, listen to music, soak up the sounds etc. he is active but can't stand forever...

He would be driving from little rock, AR (Maumelle really). I had read up on Greenville, ms, Cleveland, MS and Clarksdale, MS having blues related events/museums etc.

Here are my concerns:
1) am I overlooking another close city we cold drive to (I am in Birmingham so I need it on my side of AR/MS)
2) I don't know that I see enough to fill a day of wondering in the towns (for a arrive friday leave Sunday)
3) wonder where we will stay (vbro? need hotel with pool to entertain 8-10yo at night? IDK)
4)tThe blues festivals are either too big for my dad ( we don't need a concert) or too small. ( I say this from the pictures I see of say the sunflower music festival. The pictures they have make it seem like 5 people came- that can't be the case) - anyway, I am going off pictures online so please suggest one.
5) I don't want a concert/music at 8 pm for him. If even we can hear music while out to eat each night is fine- so long as it is authentic good sounds and descent food.

Any itinerary suggestions would be sooo helpful!! PS - doesn't have to be blues. he loves country etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi