U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:12 AM

2,980 posts, read 7,293,679 times

Advertisements

P.S areas that look pretty good in MS are

Hernando
Olive Branch
Southaven
Horn Lake

Plus they are close to Memphis airport and the city.

Other areas that were nice are Columbus, West Point and Starkville but they seem out of the way compared to the rest i mentioned.

Is it expensive to live in Northern MS being so close to Memphis?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:03 AM

767 posts, read 2,004,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenfatt View Post
I think the earlier poster was right- if it walks like a troll, and sounds like a troll...
Let me give the first answer, "Its a troll"

Do I win anything?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
Let me give the first answer, "Its a troll"

Do I win anything?
What the heck is going on here? Im asking for advice here, and getting acused of being a troll???

I've been to many forums but none like this where people constantly judge..this is ridiculous! This is immature, i only want peoples advice here, it would be the same if you guys wanted to move to my country i'd be glad to offer advice but this is just immature.

STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD OR I WILL CONTACT A MODERATOR.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 AM

15,037 posts, read 31,425,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
In addition to all the hunting and violence in general we have in MISSISSIPPI, we will try to save your soul. You probably won't like it down here.
I just don't understand this. I have lived in the deep south all of my life and I have NEVER had someone try to force religion on me. Most of the people I know in my small town don't even go to church, except maybe older people. People down here aren't hostile to catholics either, the catholic church in my town is one of the oldest ones here. Catholicism is probably more common towards lower MS and AL, and also Louisiana. Much of the gulf coast was a Spanish territory at one, and that had a big influence..

Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 AM

mccarley, sorry, I wasn't responding to your post. I can see you were just delivering a little sarcasm.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
mccarley, sorry, I wasn't responding to your post. I can see you were just delivering a little sarcasm.
The lowest form of wit there is.

Anyway, thats good about catholics I was just wanting to double check

Do you know much about the areas i listed above?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM

I have been to Memphis plenty of times for business reasons and I also have friends who live in Holly Springs,MS (near Memphis). I can't say that I care for Holly Springs. I can't give a definate reason, I just didn't get a "good feeling" from the town. However Olive Branch,MS did seem like a pleasant town, as well as Collierville,TN.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 PM

5,849 posts, read 15,950,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Is there a big difference between AL, MS as the Carolina's which states are more progressive?
I would say no, there is not a lot of difference between Mississippi, Alabama and the Carolinas, although Mississippi is almost all rural and only has 1 big city (altho Jackson isn't really that big).
And progressive? Depends on what you mean by "progressive." Many of us are proud to be "old fashioned."

Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
I would say no, there is not a lot of difference between Mississippi, Alabama and the Carolinas, although Mississippi is almost all rural and only has 1 big city (altho Jackson isn't really that big).
And progressive? Depends on what you mean by "progressive." Many of us are proud to be "old fashioned."

I mean as in modern bars, cosmopolitan, nice restaurants, good economy, malls and shops. Like here in Scotland.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 AM

123 posts, read 390,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
-------- cosmopolitan------- Like here in Scotland.
This is seriously the first time I've ever heard of Scotland being described as 'cosmopolitan'. No offense, but I don't think many others will exactly think of Scottish cities as cosmopolitan, by comparison to others; at least, not nearly in the same way as they do New York, London, Paris...which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But, the transition from there to MS. will not be quite as jarring as it would be if you were coming from a truly 'cosmopolitan' place.

Quick question: Every one of these questions could be answered by your boyfriend from Tupelo. I'm just curious why you haven't asked somebody that you already know and can trust completely. Wouldn't that save time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi