Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,594,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
And what? What of it?

Sarah.

I don't presume to speak for my Mississippi cuzzins...but if you are talking to me, then here is "what of it", Scotlass (Sarah)

As the man said earlier, there is a history of your contributions ridiculing the South and all things connected. Maybe I am wrong...but it DOES strike as very odd this boyfriend of yours -- if he exists -- has nothing to say on the matter, or any other related. Ain't no son of Mississippi I know of would refrain from contributing on this subject. As I mentioned earlier, my family roots are deep in the Magnolia State, and they are the type who made Texas what it is today. So even if not from there, I know, instinctively a bit of what COMES from there. Which is solid stand up good folk who speak up for their state, friends and kin.

Something of your whole wording and tone just doesn't quite ring true to being sincere. If I am wrong, then I honestly apologize.

If I am not? Then consider the gaunlet flung down.

Ok..those are my thoughts on the matter.

Randy (TexasReb)

Last edited by TexasReb; 02-24-2008 at 12:51 PM..

Old 02-24-2008, 12:17 PM

276 posts, read 1,141,719 times
I found it ironic that you have someone with you that is from the south and they have absolutely no input. I have never met someone that lived somewhere or visited and you asked about the place and all they say is "it's alright" and they go on about they business. I'm originally from Detroit and if you ask me about it, I can give you reasons why I would and wouldn't live there. I can tell you how things where when I left home, can tell you about things from when I visited a couple years ago. If you ask someone about a place it's obviously cus you want a little more info than "it's alright".

I haven't read your other posts that everyone is talking about, nor do I choose to. I just know half the things coming out of your mouth in this thread are ignorant and very stereotypical. I faced a lot of stereotypical talk when I told my family I was moving to MS but from my multiple visits, I saw I actually liked the place. Of course I was on the coast, whats not to like about the coast besides the hurricanes.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:59 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,112,270 times
Well no offence to anyone but what do you expect when the south is constantly being bashed by folk, you hear people talk and i've never lived there so thats why I joined the forum for answers and advice.

I find people VERY judgemental of me on this forum than any other and they are always trying to see the worst in someone. I explained over 2 years ago I was going through a bad time with my mother and i did say nasty things and apologised (read 1st page) Im mature and I dont hold grudges.

As for my boyfriend. He does exist, I am not a liar and wouldn't post if so. He gave some advice but one persons opinion isn't enough i'd rather hear more especially from folk who still live in that area. He said the Tupelo area was nice.

Again, I just am shocked that on thos forum people are constantly criticize me. I am trying to tell you guys how I feel and what I want out of life. I am sincere, I wouldn't be posting if i weren't. I just feel like giving up on this board sometimes because i feel like i have to constantly justify myself because people get really insecure about me. The past is the past and I mean no harm. I am just a curious young person.

I just want to move on.

The experiances I had in the South were mostly bad so obviously I am going to be negative. I am not ignorant, far from it. I've been all over the world.

Take it easy.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:42 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,260,985 times
Okey-dokey...here's what we're gonna do with this thread...we're gonna temp close it. I think every sincere question has been asked, answered, dissected, and moved past.

I would ask all posters and respondants to please remain civil and cordial when either asking or answering a question. If there is a problem with a post, you may certainly hit the red triangle on the upper right corner and it will go to the moderator's queue. Whoever is manning the ship at that point will address the matter.

I will be your regular moderator, you may also contact me via DM but I'm not here around the clock, so reporting any Terms of Service violations to the moderator's queue will most likely get the quickest results.

Thanks for the questions and answers given in good faith, but if the OP has any further questions or comments it can be done in a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi