Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 AM

27 posts, read 70,637 times

Advertisements

Hello All!!!

6 months ago or so I found City-Data MS site while looking for area info when considering a move to DeSoto Co from the Virginia. Well, we (my wife, son and I) are here and simply put, we are in heaven...especially me. An I cannot thank all of you enough...not only for responding to my threads back then, but just for putting out all the great information to each other in this forum.

Because of you, we have found great doctors, dentists, etc...those things that are a necessity. Now I suppose I am reaching out for advise on the other things in life.

I have spent the last 3 days - Sunday looking at flyers in the paper, and Mon/Tues checking the web, in search of the best deal on automobile tires. It is time for 4 on my little Chevy Colorado and tires are no small purchase. Like most people, I want a good deal, but more importantly I want good place to go where people here know the reputation and work of the shop, if you follow my meaning. (I'm in Olive Branch, so anything in a 25 or so mile radius). There are dozens of tire shops, including Wally World, Sam's and Costco, but I don't know anyone who can make a local recommendation. I would rather not do this blind!!!!

Any recommendations and advise would be greatly appreciated. And listen, feel free to hijack this thread if you are someone who wants reach out for recommendations on other purchases or service. Maybe someone else is looking for the best price/place/deal as you and can be helped.

Again, thank you all for everything!!!

Ron
Jon's Pa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
If there's a Discount Tire in the area, they're good. All over the place out here in TX. Glad your liking MS, it really IS a good place.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-27-2008 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: allowed to stand, contacted other mod

Old 02-26-2008, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,121 times
Byhalia Tire and Battery--Byhalia Great Tires Great Price Great Service

Old 02-26-2008, 08:26 PM

376 posts, read 1,779,022 times
Gateway Tire and Byhalia Tire & Battery are both locally owned and very good. I think they are owned by the same guy.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:43 AM

It really is a great place!!! Thanks for the thoughts

Ron

Old 02-27-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs38654 View Post
Byhalia Tire and Battery--Byhalia Great Tires Great Price Great Service
Thanks DCS and tenreb...I have a Gateway within a couple miles of my house and Byhalia is just a short hop down 78.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 PM

77 posts, read 276,637 times
Ron, how do you like Olive Branch? I live in Raleigh NC, and looking for a change. I have been to Memphis many times, and played golf in Olive Branch and it looks nice. I will be there in May to take a much closer look at the area

Old 03-05-2008, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 9,406 times
I have used Gateway many times. I am not as much concerned about price as I am service. Gateways service has been great and thats why I keep going back.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage71chevelless View Post
Ron, how do you like Olive Branch? I live in Raleigh NC, and looking for a change. I have been to Memphis many times, and played golf in Olive Branch and it looks nice. I will be there in May to take a much closer look at the area
Savage,

I absolutely love it here. I have visited R/D NC many times, but never lived there, so a comparison would be tough for me. I came from the arm pit of the country, Washington, dc, so you know I am in a totally different world. . I actually live in Cherokee Valley - a division on the Cherokee Valley Golf Course - a pond in the back yard and many lakes to fish - all for a uch cheaper hosuing cost than I even imagined a few years back.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 AM

77 posts, read 276,637 times
Ron, I have been impressed with the area, many nice subdivisions from what I can tell. I played at Plantation golf course and there were a lot of nice homes there. My wife and I are interested in a 4 bedroom 2,500 to 2,800 sf brick home. In Raleigh, they are about $350,000 to $400,000 for that, from what I can tell you can buy homes like that in Olive Branch all day long for about $275,000, that is a big difference. Raleigh is a nice area, but it doesn't half the entertainment of a Memphis, plus the housing is starting to get quite expensive around here. Plus, I have been here for 13 years, and it just feels right for a change in scenery. How is the job market in the Memphis area? I am in banking, and the wife works in insurance, so I would think that would be fairly easy finding work in those occupations. Thanks for your response before, as we are real excited about looking at real estate there this May
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi