U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 10:52 AM

14,148 posts, read 19,637,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
This is not a true statement. Not much else I can tell you. For the uphill battle that many Mississippians must climb daily, they are actually doing VERY well.

A few rich elites (Ole Miss aristocracy types), and the welfare class, are holding MS back.
Yes it is. Mississippi receives more in taxes than it pays, technically it's a burden on the US. It's not an attempt to bash Mississippi but just reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What does New Orleans have to offer besides jobs that depend on tourism?
What does that have to do with this thread?
You can go to there New Orleans forum and ask that question, it's a very valid one, but if it's an attempt to try and slight my city because of what I'm saying than you have me mistaken. Both of our states need an immense amount of work to make them more productive and livable states. And the things I said here are 100% the same things I say about Louisiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,097,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post

No miniature golf/put-put
Galactic Golf in Bay St. Louis.

828 U.S. 90 Ste.C, Bay St Louis, MS 39520
(228) 466-2818

With all due respect, if you can't find any good places to eat on the Mississippi Coast you ain't lookin'.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
With all due respect, if you can't find any good places to eat on the Mississippi Coast you ain't lookin'.
Had one of the best seafood platters I've ever had in Biloxi.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:23 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,097,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Had one of the best seafood platters I've ever had in Biloxi.
What I like is the Mississippi Coast shares alot of the cajun influence from Louisiana. Love me some cajun food.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
What I like is the Mississippi Coast shares alot of the cajun influence from Louisiana. Love me some cajun food.
Yep. Most of the coast does seafood well.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:26 AM

976 posts, read 587,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Yes it is. Mississippi receives more in taxes than it pays, technically it's a burden on the US. It's not an attempt to bash Mississippi but just reality.
Now you are changing the context. Earlier we were discussing individuals, now you're lumping the state into one. Bad use of statistics is a liberal trademark.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Now you are changing the context. Earlier we were discussing individuals, now you're lumping the state into one. Bad use of statistics is a liberal trademark.
Individuals in Mississippi, in the Mississippi forum. If you want to talk about New Orleans, the forum is open.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:55 AM

9,428 posts, read 9,313,280 times
One result of the exodus from the Delta is the extinction of families, especially among the ethnic groups that settled here (Italians, Jews, Chinese, and Lebanese). The only places you will find many surnames are in cemeteries or history books.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:12 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,114,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
One result of the exodus from the Delta is the extinction of families, especially among the ethnic groups that settled here (Italians, Jews, Chinese, and Lebanese). The only places you will find many surnames are in cemeteries or history books.
One thing that always blew me away about the Delta is that in the back when there were families that had Italian, Jewish or even Mexican blood in the mix of all that old money.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:47 AM

9,428 posts, read 9,313,280 times
There are Jewish cemeteries in Clarksdale, Greenville, and Greenwood. At least 95 percent of those buried there have no descendants living in the Delta. They left not because of anti-Semitism, but simply to pursue economic opportunities elsewhere. Most of the Jews in the Delta were merchants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or