Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 AM

4 posts, read 10,710 times

Advertisements

Hi,I am looking for a book titled southern justice.I believe a woman by the name of Deana White from Maben,Ms wrote it back in the 1980's.It's about a woman that was killed,and a doctor that disappeared from Eupora,Ms.He was in practice with Dr.Booth at the time.Does anyone know about this book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttstead5 View Post
Hi,I am looking for a book titled southern justice.I believe a woman by the name of Deana White from Maben,Ms wrote it back in the 1980's.It's about a woman that was killed,and a doctor that disappeared from Eupora,Ms.He was in practice with Dr.Booth at the time.Does anyone know about this book.
I just googled all manner of names and phrases re your request, can't find anything. Tell you what, though, you might contact LemuriaBooks.com, ask them. It's a humongous bookstore in Jackson, MS, never seen so much Southern paraphernalia in my life. There's also a Mississippi Writers Page located here: The Mississippi Writers Page, do a little searching, you might find something. Good Luck!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:17 PM

9 posts, read 28,111 times
Default Book

I've looked at countless websites and I can't find a single thing. Is there anymore information that you remember or know about the book to help me search to find it?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:01 AM

Default reply

All I know is that the woman who wrote the book was from Maben.The woman that was killed was her family.In retaliation ,the woman's family killed this doctor that was practicing in Eupora with Dr.Booth back in the 1980's.This doctor was dating the woman that was killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I just googled all manner of names and phrases re your request, can't find anything. Tell you what, though, you might contact LemuriaBooks.com, ask them. It's a humongous bookstore in Jackson, MS, never seen so much Southern paraphernalia in my life. There's also a Mississippi Writers Page located here: The Mississippi Writers Page, do a little searching, you might find something. Good Luck!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
All I know is that the woman who wrote the book was from Maben.The woman that was killed was her family.In retaliation ,the woman's family killed this doctor that was practicing in Eupora with Dr.Booth back in the 1980's.This doctor was dating the woman that was killed.
I just googled Dr. Booth Eupora MS, and did come up with a Dr. James Booth there in Eupora. Only other thing I could suggest is contacting Dr. Booth, himself. What was the doctor's name who was killed?

Evidently, at least from what I can discern, either there is no such "book", or what she published was on her own time. If there is a book "published", I'm pretty sure there would be at least an ISBN number. Again, Good Luck in your search.

I also just wrote an acquaintance in Eupora, see if he knows anything about it. If he replies, I'll post the same here.

Last edited by Delta Planter; 11-13-2007 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: follow-up

Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I just googled Dr. Booth Eupora MS, and did come up with a Dr. James Booth there in Eupora. Only other thing I could suggest is contacting Dr. Booth, himself. What was the doctor's name who was killed?

Evidently, at least from what I can discern, either there is no such "book", or what she published was on her own time. If there is a book "published", I'm pretty sure there would be at least an ISBN number. Again, Good Luck in your search.

I also just wrote an acquaintance in Eupora, see if he knows anything about it. If he replies, I'll post the same here.
I just received a reply from my friend in Eupora, who desires not to be included in the conversation at this time. I'll give you part and parcel of what we communicated:

"I found Deana White, but she's now Deana Miller, and they live in Tupelo. She did write the book, Southern Justice, however, it was written in the 90's, and so far, from what she has told me it's total fiction, but her mother also told me that there was a lot of truth incorporated into it. She took my number and said that she'll call me back this afternoon. I'll let you know what I get from her conversation." This was relayed to me this morning, before lunch.

He sent this mid-afternoon: "You know, when I asked her about the validity of facts in the book, she told me it was fiction, but what she doesn;t know is that her mother had already told me, whicle I spoke to her that there was a girl who had been murdered in Maben, and that there was a lot of truth in it, but I'm not really convinced that it had anything to do with Dr. Booth, or that the guy worked for him. As you know, crimes here, unlike in Dallas and larger places have a higher possibility of going unsolved.........."

Lastly, here is what he sent about 30 minutes ago: "How strange! I spoke to the lady, Dena White Miller about the book, Southern Justice. Now this is what she told me. The story was set in the coal mining country of Central Kentucky, and there was no murder. She told me that she's not sure where you made the connection with a girl being murdered, and mentioning Dr. Booth, however, she said she does remember Dr. Booth, but he wasn;t mentioned in the book. Her book, according to her is purely fictional, and not connected or tied to Maben, Mississippi."

So it appears the book is in fact fiction, eh? It also appears that the author was from Maben when it was written, and that she now lives in Tupelo.

Hopefully, we have "solved" your dilemma?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 AM

I have found out some more info about this.The woman that was killed was married to Linda White's son from Maben.She was killed in a car wreck late at night around Adaton.The doctor she was seeing was from Starkville instead of Eupora.I think the White she was married to was named Ben.A Dena White wrote the book.This woman that was killed was having an affair with the Doctor.
Quote:

Old 11-17-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I have found out some more info about this.The woman that was killed was married to Linda White's son from Maben.She was killed in a car wreck late at night around Adaton.The doctor she was seeing was from Starkville instead of Eupora.I think the White she was married to was named Ben.A Dena White wrote the book.This woman that was killed was having an affair with the Doctor.
Well, the info I gave you above is all I can give you. Good Luck in your search.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:34 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Please try contacting a librarian...they have amazing resources to find things like this. Obviously the title or something is incorrect or I'd think it could be found even in out of print books...but reference librarians can come up with some of the most obscure stuff.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,813 times
Default Response to Inquiry

Quote:

I am familiar with Eupora and the surrounding area. To the best of my knowledge this book which you seek, may exist, however, having spoken with the author, Dena White, I am advised that this book is purely one of fiction, and is based in Kentucky rather than Mississippi. Could it be that you may have this book confused with yet another? I'm not implying that you do, merely asking. I personally know Dr. Booth, and unless he had partners in the 80's, of which I wasn;t here during that time, I'm at a total loss.

I'd like to hear more, but I've asked, and no one that was here during that time remembers anything like that. I do recall a lady that was killed, although once again, I wasn't in the area then, and who at the time of her death, she was supposedly having an affair with a dentist who was supposed working in this area. Even with this, the dentist is still alive.

Let me hear, please.

Highflight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi