Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 07:05 PM

3,377 posts, read 4,986,688 times

Advertisements

I came back again for a week and spent a few days in Desoto County, Senatobia, Oxford, Pontotoc, Tupelo, and Corinth.

Gotta say it was a good trip, I even met jhadorn again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 09:08 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,568,940 times
It was good talking with you. How did you enjoy Coleman's BBQ again?

Old 03-01-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
It was good talking with you. How did you enjoy Coleman's BBQ again?
Colemans is hard to beat it’s a very good barbecue joint right there in Senatobia it’s nice and homey it’s always great to go get lunch with you when I’m there!

Right after I stayed with you are you I’ve visited a friend in Oxford and we went to a few Civil War battlefields like Brice’s Crossroads and Shiloh

Old 03-02-2018, 07:45 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,568,940 times
Next time you are down we will have to find some Civil War sites to hit. I was battling allergies and sickness while you were here.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:24 PM

799 posts, read 1,056,512 times
I thought you moved here to go to school?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:06 AM

1,218 posts, read 1,499,965 times
Glad you enjoyed your time. I'll be in Desoto county for spring break, so we'll see how that goes LOL.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
I thought you moved here to go to school?
About that, yeah. I gave up on that prospect in October 2015. Just didn't have the money for it, tried and tried, saved and saved, and it just didn't happen. I've learned not to dwell on it.

On top of it, I'm crushing on a girl here so that gave me some incentive to stay. And I got a new job which enabled me to travel far more so I got to come out there for longer.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcrash619 View Post
Glad you enjoyed your time. I'll be in Desoto county for spring break, so we'll see how that goes LOL.
How did your trip go by the way?

As of right now (the thing with the girl here didn't go through). But I decided in the next few years if things don't work out. I've picked Tupelo, well, Lee County really, as the place to move if things don't work out here.

jhadorn would have to fill me in more about Senatobia. It's a beautiful town, just not much to do there.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:08 PM

563 posts, read 532,529 times
Excellent choice in Tupelo. Very nice place to live, hard to beat really. It has the benefits of a small town (small scale, low traffic, safe) but somehow feels big when it comes to nice neighborhoods, restaurants, shopping and the growing downtown area.

I actually think New Albany and Corinth and both very nice also. New Albany has several very beautiful residential areas and a great historic center. (And it's fifteen minutes outside Tupelo and five minutes from Toyota). It's also a quick drive down to Oxford, for baseball, football, dinner, etc.

But Corinth shocks me every time I go there, in terms of the extremely pretty residential areas (both historic and new). Corinth's downtown is pleasantly vibrant also and they've got scenic Pickwick fifteen minutes away. The main missing ingredient for Corinth is the main highway through town, Hwy 72, which is mostly an eyesore. It looks dated and slightly run down in spots and belies the sophisticated community through which it runs.

Anyway, I'm rambling. In case you do eventually make the move to MS, it sounds like Tupelo will be just right for you.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio2018 View Post
Excellent choice in Tupelo. Very nice place to live, hard to beat really. It has the benefits of a small town (small scale, low traffic, safe) but somehow feels big when it comes to nice neighborhoods, restaurants, shopping and the growing downtown area.

I actually think New Albany and Corinth and both very nice also. New Albany has several very beautiful residential areas and a great historic center. (And it's fifteen minutes outside Tupelo and five minutes from Toyota). It's also a quick drive down to Oxford, for baseball, football, dinner, etc.

But Corinth shocks me every time I go there, in terms of the extremely pretty residential areas (both historic and new). Corinth's downtown is pleasantly vibrant also and they've got scenic Pickwick fifteen minutes away. The main missing ingredient for Corinth is the main highway through town, Hwy 72, which is mostly an eyesore. It looks dated and slightly run down in spots and belies the sophisticated community through which it runs.

Anyway, I'm rambling. In case you do eventually make the move to MS, it sounds like Tupelo will be just right for you.
Thank you brickpatio!

Funny thing about Corinth. I've been reading quite a bit about Sheriff Buford Pusser and the State Line Mob. Lots of interesting characters made up the underworld of that town.

Now, as for the Tupelo area, I'd not live in Tupelo itself. But in Lee County or New Albany yes. Would Saltillo and Guntown be wise decisions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi