U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:33 AM

315 posts, read 695,690 times

Advertisements

This ran in today's Daily Journal.NEMS360.com - More Prius reports more denials
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 08:12 AM

323 posts, read 845,598 times
2012 the earliest

Old 07-18-2009, 02:12 AM

276 posts, read 713,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditecocke View Post
were are all these jobs people be talking 7dollars per hour or less thats all i have heard about but they wont you to go school for a cleaning person,when we used to make 14dollars per hour &now they wont to pay you $7.05 and gas and every thing on the rise ,what or people to do ,and every body wont u to work for nothing .and the jobs or hiring wont you to take a dumb test to get a job,any body can mop a floor ,wash cars,run a machine ,if not then train them one time , why wori with these dump test.

what????

Old 07-25-2009, 05:14 PM

414 posts, read 724,146 times
Funny, I was there in Tupelo/Blue Springs back in March, and from looking at the factory, it seemed that, while stalled, the facility was not far at all from completion. Some of the infrastructure (roads etc) around it could have used a boost, and I'm sure utilities, HVAC and machinery on the interior have a long way to go, but I think the facility is pretty far along, structurally.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM

411 posts, read 1,011,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalcedony View Post
Funny, I was there in Tupelo/Blue Springs back in March, and from looking at the factory, it seemed that, while stalled, the facility was not far at all from completion. Some of the infrastructure (roads etc) around it could have used a boost, and I'm sure utilities, HVAC and machinery on the interior have a long way to go, but I think the facility is pretty far along, structurally.
The building is pretty much done; assembly line machinery is not in place and won't be until they decide what to build there. Local officials were quoted yesterday on television as saying that Toyota has assured them that the plant WILL eventually open. Unfortunately for California, it looks like a Toyota plant there will close.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 AM

Does anybody out there think Toyota might move some of that California work out to the Tupelo/Blue Springs plant? I believe there is a slight possibility,time will tell.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM

248 posts, read 767,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmm1959 View Post
Does anybody out there think Toyota might move some of that California work out to the Tupelo/Blue Springs plant? I believe there is a slight possibility,time will tell.
Seeing how the Corolla and Tacoma are very popular vehicles, and both in demand, I would say it is a strong possibility to bring at least one of them to Blue Springs if they don't build the Prius there.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Hi Chimpie ,I am keeping my fingers crossed

Old 03-04-2010, 03:16 PM

4 posts, read 11,773 times
The VW plant in Chattanooga opened the first part of 2008 and is going strong.
They have all their people in place and are hiring again,go figure.
If you want a job the VW plant is hiring as we speak.
Go to Chattanooga Dev. web page or Google chattadev and look on it.
VW is going strong.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
is there going to be a toyota plant opening here in illinois ? and where ?????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi