U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 06:41 PM

994 posts, read 612,994 times

Advertisements

As a so called Millennial, I find it just swell here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 09:12 PM

806 posts, read 772,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashington View Post

I'm the dumb one. Because here I am. Man what I would give to get out of this place. My advice to anyone that wants to get out of here -- don't marry someone that has no desire to leave. Because then you'll be stuck. Forever. Just like me. Spinning your wheels as you sink further into the mud. Exactly like the entire state of Mississippi.

Now I'm told I can't leave because I have a child. If I pack up my family and leave, I'm robbing my child's grandparents of their grandchild.
You should look at Birmingham, in spite of decades of corruption and **** poor leadership, Birmingham has revitalized and is doing pretty well (compared to Jackson). There are several good suburbs and there is a lot more to do in the local area than there is in Jackson. Also depending on where you live, you can be within an easy three and half hour drive of grandparents in Jackson.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:06 PM

979 posts, read 600,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
You should look at Birmingham, in spite of decades of corruption and **** poor leadership, Birmingham has revitalized and is doing pretty well (compared to Jackson). There are several good suburbs and there is a lot more to do in the local area than there is in Jackson. Also depending on where you live, you can be within an easy three and half hour drive of grandparents in Jackson.
Jackson is where Birmingham was 20 years ago. It will revitalize itself as well.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 PM

6,562 posts, read 3,711,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Texas might be the ugliest state in the union. Yet, there's still a ton of growth out there. What does it matter?

Plus, are you aware there's more things to do in a coastal area than swim at the beach? Last time I checked I don't see MS promoting its beaches the way Florida or Alabama does. There are lots of jobs on the coast.
Texas is YUGE, so some parts are very pretty, and some parts are what I'd call unattractive. But the economy is very diverse and excellent. Cost of housing is good. No state income tax, reasonable sales tax, no sales tax on prescriptions or groceries, cost of autos is good, good job opportunities in many cities, big airports. It's a great state.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:00 PM

6,562 posts, read 3,711,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

Reading all the song and dance the Governor is doing about it...blah blah this, blah blah that...it's not true...well, we lost some because of that and this...the dastardly liberals are just saying that (not mentioning the census data showing that)....tradition...

Millenials were born into a different world than seniors. Their views are different. They are more likely to be tolerant, liberal, like diversity, fine with gays & foreigners. Even the ones in conservative areas are not comfortable in environments that are not accepting of them and their friends. So they naturally are going to move to vibrant economy areas that are welcoming to them and their friends. There is no mystery to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or