Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 01:26 PM

168 posts, read 191,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Ha.
That's all you have to say.. You know your people have the extreme upper hand on these issues

It will all correct itself with due time... Enjoy the fun while it lasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 02:01 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's not where I want to live and not where I would send my youngster. Evidently I am not alone. The Oxford decline has started and will probably continue.
Are you suggesting that Oxford, MS is unsafe due to what is happening in an entertainment district at 2 am?

As far as Meek......what did he expect when he made a post like that? He could have made the EXACT SAME POINT without the pictures.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:48 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashington View Post
That's all you have to say.. You know your people have the extreme upper hand on these issues

It will all correct itself with due time... Enjoy the fun while it lasts.

I thought I wasn't worth talking to anymore.

BTW, Scales lean heavy on y'all side.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:40 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Are you suggesting that Oxford, MS is unsafe due to what is happening in an entertainment district at 2 am?

As far as Meek......what did he expect when he made a post like that? He could have made the EXACT SAME POINT without the pictures.
From what I've seen, Oxford is sadly trying to turn into the North French Quarter.

All this broohaha over ghetto trash getting into a fight on the square.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...lism/78870937/

Old 09-25-2018, 07:17 AM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
From what I've seen, Oxford is sadly trying to turn into the North French Quarter.

All this broohaha over ghetto trash getting into a fight on the square.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...lism/78870937/
Kid, you just linked to a board of the team, school and city that arguably has the worst fan/student behavior in the entire country................

A couple of girls wearing provocative clothing and a few fist fights following a football game are nothing compared to what goes on at LSU.

OUr team went there to play basketball a few years back. As far as I know there is no rivalry nor was there any traditional bad blood between OU and LSU.

Here is what happened.

Quote:
LSU students hurled obscenities, ice and objects during and immediately after the Tigers’ 77-75 loss in men’s basketball Saturday against No. 1-ranked Oklahoma.

Obscene chants directed at Oklahoma star shooting guard Buddy Hield rose from the packed student section on two or three occasions during the game. After the game, students booed and threw ice and towels as the Sooners left the court on a corner of the court at the end where the student section is located.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...67d558d3e.html

This idea that Oxford is trying to turn into the French Quarter is pretty silly. There are six football games a year. These days they have more of an after party to keep the money in town. That's all this is. The cops have to see what goes wrong before they adjust for the next game. And this particular night, after getting shellacked by an arch rival.......there were probably a lot of bad moods out on the square that night.

To pull this back around. Meek's complaint that Oxford is going to hell in a hand basket is ridiculous. His social media response with picture WAS a bad look. But Ole Miss would be going way overboard stripping his name off of the J School for that. Especially after he apologized.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Kid, you just linked to a board of the team, school and city that arguably has the worst fan/student behavior in the entire country................
Concur on this! LSU fans are the worst. TAMU fans are the strangest.

Bama, LSU, UGA and UF tend to have many "sidewalk" alumni, who not only didn't go to college at any of the aforementioned institutions, but didn't go to college anywhere. They are bandwagon fans "jumping on a winner." They often don't comport themselves in the same manner as an alumnus and sometimes give the entire fanbase a bad name.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:26 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

A couple of girls wearing provocative clothing and a few fist fights following a football game are nothing compared to what goes on at LSU.

OUr team went there to play basketball a few years back. As far as I know there is no rivalry nor was there any traditional bad blood between OU and LSU.

Here is what happened.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...67d558d3e.html

This idea that Oxford is trying to turn into the French Quarter is pretty silly. There are six football games a year. These days they have more of an after party to keep the money in town. That's all this is. The cops have to see what goes wrong before they adjust for the next game. And this particular night, after getting shellacked by an arch rival.......there were probably a lot of bad moods out on the square that night.

To pull this back around. Meek's complaint that Oxford is going to hell in a hand basket is ridiculous. His social media response with picture WAS a bad look. But Ole Miss would be going way overboard stripping his name off of the J School for that. Especially after he apologized.
I confess, yeah, LSU is very bad.

I do read the forum there occasionally because there are some posters there that are "in the know".

Another good place to read about it, is Kingfish/Jackson Jambalaya. But he's a *tad* biased too, because I think he moved to Jackson from Baton Rouge as well.

Jackson Jambalaya

Old 09-27-2018, 02:09 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,435,565 times
viverlibre - re: "sidewalk" alumni who didn't attend the school. I've heard them called 't-shirt' alumni. I myself hope to become a t-shirt alumnus of State this Christmas if Santa is good to me...

Old 09-27-2018, 02:23 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
viverlibre - re: "sidewalk" alumni who didn't attend the school. I've heard them called 't-shirt' alumni. I myself hope to become a t-shirt alumnus of State this Christmas if Santa is good to me...
Please do, we need as many of you as we can get. Plenty of space on the bandwagon.

Alabama and LSU are boring, played out, too popular. Roll with the dawgs, mane...

Old 09-28-2018, 08:22 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
Before James Meredith and the riot of 1962, I don’t think the national media paid much attention to Ole Miss.
Has anyone here attended Ole Miss? I went there 1989-93. The university and Oxford have changed a lot since then - each doubling in size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi