Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:23 PM

506 posts, read 1,474,414 times

Advertisements

My parents are thinking of re-locating outside of Memphis to either Olive Branch, Hernando, or Southhaven. But as of now they are leaning towards Olive Branch.

Can you tell me any good neighborhoods? I think so far they have just looked at College Crossing.

There is no specific needs in location, but the closer to a hospital, the better.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 10:05 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
I don't think there are really any "bad" neighborhoods in Olive Branch, it's a bedroom community. Most of the crime migrates over from Memphis. Probably the farther away from the state line the better. They are building some fine housing developments like crazy in the Church Rd. area from 305 west to Southhaven.
The closest hospital is in SouthHaven, no hospitals in Olive Branch.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:02 PM

Thanks a lot! I didn't think I was going to get a response on this.

Now, I know Southhaven is close, but how close is it exaclty? 10 minutes or so depending on traffic?

Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 AM

38 posts, read 233,027 times
Southaven borders Olive Branch so it depends where in OB you are. The hospital is on the western side of Southaven (further away from OB) The drive to the hospital takes between 15 and 30 minutes..... depending on time of day and traffic. At least that's what it took me, I was in the hospital (Baptist Desoto) last month for a week. We live in Olive Branch not far from State Line Rd. We've only been here a few months but so far it is great.

When I was looking for a house here I was told to try to stay south of 302 (Goodman Rd) We didn't take the advice, we've had no trouble. Southaven seems to me to be more congested traffic wise than Olive Branch right now, though OB is growing rapidly so that may change.

Jamie

Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 AM

Thanks for all the help. Is it just me, or is there an abundance houses for sale in Southhaven & the area? It just doesn't seem like anyone wants to live there. All the houses seem so bunched together and almost all seemed to have similar layouts inside.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:48 PM

27 posts, read 150,134 times
I live just down the road from College Crossing in Olive Branch. Beware of the houses there. They are built on an old gravel pit and I've read in the local paper the developer is having financial problems. He is also building College Park and Bethel Park subdivisions.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 PM

24 posts, read 83,354 times
We just purchased a home in Bethel Park. We are in Florida now and plan to retire there because Florida has gotten so expensive. Should I be concerned about the builder?

Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM

4 posts, read 23,614 times
Hello,
We just invested in a Property in Bethel Park, When you say the developer had financial issues and also a development was built on a gravel pit, Which development firm was it- Security or Reeves as I have found that reeves purchased Bethel Park from Security.

Thank you for you response

Old 01-18-2007, 01:58 PM

27 posts, read 150,134 times
I think your right about Reeves Builders. Security was the one with financial issues. I'm not sure how far over the old gravel pits came toward Bethel Park. College Station and College Park are on them. I would keep an eye on any foundation problems. I'm sure there is some fill dirt in there but if it was compacted correctly you shouldn't have any problems. On the other hand I don't know how much of the base work was done by Securiy. Just be aware and if any problems do develope you'll be on the look out for them.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:16 PM

3 posts, read 16,671 times
Default School in Olive Branch?

This is BLBONLINE,

I heard the school system at olive branch is real good and the teacher there
dose a very good job in teaching the student there. I also heard that they have a good football and a good basketball program up there. I'm thinking about locating there cause I want my kids in a good school enviroment so that they can get a good education. Me and my kids visit a playoff game at
olive branch high school in november aganst south panola and the people there were so friendly and they made us feel right at home. The whole communty black and white is together up there like one big family.I love that!My wife fell in love with the communty when we last visit. So are there any good paying jobs in olive branch or close to the city?

Yours Truly,
Bruce Blakes
Greenwood,Mississippi.

Please respond cause me and my wife want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi