U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,670 times

Advertisements

i recomend moving to the community of lizana.it may be a little slower life than your used to but in my oppinion it makes life so much easer.its not far from gulfport.its just far enough to be out of the crazyness of the city,but not so far that it really affects your gas tank.the school system is harrison county,and the schools are not to far no matter were you live in the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 PM

29 posts, read 142,316 times
There are a few good private schools in Gulfport, one is St. John Elementary which is very close to the base and there is St. Johns High School which is not far from the base either. There is also Westminister Academy that goes up to 6 grade, it is suppose to be very academic, with small size classes. I attended St. John High School and had a few friends that attended Westminster Academy, and all seemed to do well in Junior High-High School.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:35 PM

14 posts, read 59,809 times
Default Ocean Springs has a superior School System

The Ocean Springs School district is superior to most in the area. Next close by is the St Martin School school system. I too moved from out of state and I am happy I chose to buy in Ocean Springs because of our excellent school program. I have been here now four years. My son attends Oak Park Elementary. If you do the research on the schools in Ocean Springs you will start to see magnet status, etc pop up. It is also lower on the crime scale than the other cities. Best of luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or