U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 02:04 PM

2,561 posts, read 1,018,889 times

Advertisements

I'd tell the landlord, and possibly asked to be moved to another apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 PM

808 posts, read 778,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Buy a can of smoke odor eliminator. You can find them in a head shop and on Amazon. I smoke weed everyday and I spray smoke eliminator in my mobile home and on my clothing and neither my mobile home nor my clothing smells like weed.
Outside of some type of high-quality, expensive air filtering device, I wouldn't feet good with just masking the odor. We know that cigarette and marijuana fumes are potentially harmful to a fetus, I wouldn't let my pregnant significant other breath them. Either you have to go or they have to go, it would probably be easier if you go.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:49 PM

2,596 posts, read 1,111,693 times
Move.

Unless you don't mind putting your unborn child at risk.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:12 PM

9 posts, read 6,142 times
Do you think that they are growing?

Old 03-11-2019, 07:57 AM

991 posts, read 611,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Tell the apartment manager you want out of the lease because the unit is inhabitable due to the odor.
This is the answer. Tell them if they don't take action, you will lawyer up. I mean, it's there in black and white.

This will probably force them to confront the weed smokers.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:44 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,114,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
This is the answer. Tell them if they don't take action, you will lawyer up. I mean, it's there in black and white.

This will probably force them to confront the weed smokers.
Maybe. Personally I hate moving and would rather stay if I was happy with every other aspect of the place. I think it can be fixed, but there will be a little effort involved, and everyone won't like the outcome... but i'm not concerned with whether or not the guilty party is happy with the outcome.

Your choice ultimately, but I wouldn't let them make me go through the monumental task of moving because I was afraid to hurt some feelings.

Lawyering up will require some ongoing record of the problem as well, and you will need to show that you have made an effort with the offending neighbor and the landlord. Police reports couldn't hurt.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:04 PM

1,200 posts, read 993,155 times
Default A little balance in the answer but the bottom line is the same

I think that you should pursue this with the landlord or management company, if for no other reason than it is depriving you and yours of the quiet enjoyment of your residence, which most leases say you are entitled to. But lets be real. You are not going to lose your job over a SMELL.

Your employer, if they detect this smell on your clothes, may require you to take a drug test, but since you are not using, you will obviously pass. You can smell odors at a far less concentration than you would need for this smell to affect your employment.

This is also true for your girlfriend and your baby. While cannabis USE by your baby momma can affect the fetus with some serious side affects, such as low birth weight, premature birth, and a few other things, a smell is not going to be enough to register on a drug test for her or the baby. So don't start panicking and call in the paramedics!

You have the time to deal with this with management/owner, and if they don't respond in the appropriate manner, a letter from an attorney (which will cost very little) should light a fire under them.

I'd move first before involving the police. I wouldn't want anyone with a gun and a badge anywhere near a pregnant woman. This could be very traumatic, with police breaking down doors and who knows what else. Your girlfriend doesn't need all that drama at this time.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:40 PM

2,984 posts, read 2,137,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Outside of some type of high-quality, expensive air filtering device, I wouldn't feet good with just masking the odor. We know that cigarette and marijuana fumes are potentially harmful to a fetus, I wouldn't let my pregnant significant other breath them. Either you have to go or they have to go, it would probably be easier if you go.
The smoke odor eliminator doesn't just mask the odor, it eliminates the odor. I'm guessing it's based on the same scientific principle that baking soda eliminates most bad odors from a refrigerator. It just magically soaks the odor up, like a sponge. Pretty amazing when you think about it that something so cheap can be so powerful. Vinegar is capable of some pretty amazing feats, as well. As is hydrogen peroxide. Vinegar, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. Natures miracle household items and they don't cost much more than the containers they come in.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 AM

5,408 posts, read 2,333,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
And you'll be way wrong.
Oh please. Ask someone who doesn't smoke pot or smoke cigarettes. You think a can is going to completely eliminate the highly pungent pot smell from your clothes?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:13 PM

2,984 posts, read 2,137,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Oh please. Ask someone who doesn't smoke pot or smoke cigarettes. You think a can is going to completely eliminate the highly pungent pot smell from your clothes?
Absolutely. It works for me. I never had any complaints or negative feedback, from anybody, including the times when I have rode in elevators with supervisors at work, after a few tokes at break. I don't smoke all day like most cigarette smokers, but when I do, I spray as soon as i'm done. The smell doesn't have time to linger on and take root in my mobile home or clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi