U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 04:31 PM

3,294 posts, read 1,647,912 times

Advertisements

I had to deal with that back in an apartment I lived in, in Baltimore. The first step, which should be obvious, after you asked nicely, is to inform leasing/the landlord.

If they donít do anything about it, then as others have said, call the police when they are doing it and also let the landlord/leasing youíll be exploring legal counsel for their inaction. That should end things.

Practically in the short term, a quality air purifier can really help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 AM

5,410 posts, read 2,333,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Absolutely. It works for me. I never had any complaints or negative feedback, from anybody, including the times when I have rode in elevators with supervisors at work, after a few tokes at break. I don't smoke all day like most cigarette smokers, but when I do, I spray as soon as i'm done. The smell doesn't have time to linger on and take root in my mobile home or clothing.
Ask your fellow supervisors in the elevator. AT WORK.

Sorry pot stinks to high heaven even in small doses. Well if you're high at work, caring is low on your list.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:23 PM

2,984 posts, read 2,137,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Ask your fellow supervisors in the elevator. AT WORK.

Sorry pot stinks to high heaven even in small doses. Well if you're high at work, caring is low on your list.
I retired with full benefits at the tender age of 61 after 35 years of faithful and caring service at the same place. Weed never interferred with my work.

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you cause I don't insult people I don't agree with, whereas, you seem to be the type of person who does. We'll never agree and we'll never change each others minds.

I'll just say that it's not that difficult to remove the smell of pot from the air. It's much easier to get rid of pot odor than the smell of tobacco smoke and cat urine.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:11 PM

8,940 posts, read 5,079,640 times
call the cops, that all you got to do,

Old 03-16-2019, 04:22 PM

13,644 posts, read 8,559,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
call the cops, that all you got to do,
Yep.
Wouldn't take me but 5 minutes to solve this problem. Marijuana is illegal in Mississippi. You want it? Go someplace else.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:45 PM

13,040 posts, read 15,382,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Buy a can of smoke odor eliminator. You can find them in a head shop and on Amazon. I smoke weed everyday and I spray smoke eliminator in my mobile home and on my clothing and neither my mobile home nor my clothing smells like weed.
Well that doesn't solve the problem of his girlfriend and unborn child being exposed to it. Plus, in my experience people who drink or smoke THINK other people can't smell it, but they can.

I personally don't mind the smell of pot and even kind of like it when I'm at a concert or something, even though I don't smoke it myself. Brings out my inner hippie or something. But I don't want my house to smell like it or have to inhale it in my house, I don't want to smell like it, and a pregnant woman should never be in that situation. Plus what if newborn screening wherever the baby is born includes routine screening for illicit substances and the OP's baby tests positive for cannabis?

Old 03-16-2019, 05:58 PM

843 posts, read 229,131 times
Please don't call the cops and ruin someone's life because you don't like a smell.

Secondhand cannabis smoke does NOT make you test positive for cannabis. Especially in as low concentration as in this situation, coming over from a neighboring apartment. It's a common excuse people try to tell their probation officers, and they don't believe it for a reason.

"Research has found that even when you place smokers and non-smokers together in a car, even just the brief period before the drug test made the chance of a false positive THC test nearly impossible."

https://www.usdrugtestcenters.com/dr...and-smoke.html

Just smelling pot being smoked nearby is not going to harm a pregnant woman. I get that the smell bothers her and that it sucks for you guys, but please don't ruin someone's life over this. It sounds like these people are minding their own business in their own home.

If you hate other people's odors that much, it might be better to get a house with space around it vs living in such close proximity to others. Because a LOT of people smoke weed. Even if you manage to get this person evicted, another stoner could move right in.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:23 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,628,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Please don't call the cops and ruin someone's life because you don't like a smell.

Secondhand cannabis smoke does NOT make you test positive for cannabis. Especially in as low concentration as in this situation, coming over from a neighboring apartment. It's a common excuse people try to tell their probation officers, and they don't believe it for a reason.

"Research has found that even when you place smokers and non-smokers together in a car, even just the brief period before the drug test made the chance of a false positive THC test nearly impossible."

https://www.usdrugtestcenters.com/dr...and-smoke.html

Just smelling pot being smoked nearby is not going to harm a pregnant woman. I get that the smell bothers her and that it sucks for you guys, but please don't ruin someone's life over this. It sounds like these people are minding their own business in their own home.

If you hate other people's odors that much, it might be better to get a house with space around it vs living in such close proximity to others. Because a LOT of people smoke weed. Even if you manage to get this person evicted, another stoner could move right in.
This outfit thinks you are wrong about second hand smoke. If secondhand nicotine smoke is bad for you, I suspect secondhand cannabis smoke is bad for you. Call the law.
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...and-smoke.html

Old 03-16-2019, 07:52 PM

1,097 posts, read 714,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnDoMe View Post
girlfriend is pregnant. The overwhelming smell of it in our apartment is causing her to become extremely nauseous as well as giving her splitting headaches
Trust me, the nausea/headaches are not caused by the weed.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:13 PM

808 posts, read 778,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_one_girl View Post

just smelling pot being smoked nearby is not going to harm a pregnant woman. I get that the smell bothers her and that it sucks for you guys, but please don't ruin someone's life over this. It sounds like these people are minding their own business in their own home.

Most men who are concerned about their unborn child will not take the chance, even the slimmest of chances.

if you hate other people's odors that much, it might be better to get a house with space around it vs living in such close proximity to others. Because a lot of people smoke weed. Even if you manage to get this person evicted, another stoner could move right in.

If he could afford a house at this juncture, he likely wouldn't be in an apartment.

[b]

Last edited by viverlibre; 03-16-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi