Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM

47 posts, read 148,279 times

Advertisements

After reading so many threads about Mississippi on CD, I really wonder why Mississippi doesn't get a lot of attention. It sounds like a great state to me. Who wouldn't want to live in a state where everyone is so neighboorly and the cost of living is low? The only bad thing I have read about living in Mississippi is the summers, but otherwise it sounds like the weather is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 05:23 AM

15 posts, read 61,658 times
Cause we are all trying to keep it a secret lol. If everyone knew it would soon become like everywhere else...we like the bad publicity so we can keep Ms to ourselves

Old 09-11-2008, 02:47 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,645,052 times
I think that more people are discovering us, but I believe one reason no one has paid us any attention is because of the way movies portray us! For some reason, people tend to think we have not progressed since the 60's so they avoid us like the plague.

That has been ok with us though as we really do like our quaint charm and low population. Alas, we also understand that in order to provide good jobs and schools, we must continue to see progress and with progress comes change and new neighbors!

I do hope if you are new to our state that you have great neighbors who have welcomed you nicely, in our genteel southern traditional way.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 PM

469 posts, read 2,730,315 times
Shhhhh! Good gracious, hush up, y'all! We've had the Yankees convinced for the last 150 years that we're all toothless and inbred. If they get down here and see how beautiful MS is, and how handsome we are, they'll NEVER leave!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:51 PM

47 posts, read 148,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippienne View Post
Shhhhh! Good gracious, hush up, y'all! We've had the Yankees convinced for the last 150 years that we're all toothless and inbred. If they get down here and see how beautiful MS is, and how handsome we are, they'll NEVER leave!
I may be a yankee, but if I do move to Mississippi, I will try to fit in. I don't think you need to worry about a lot of people moving to Mississippi. I think you have them convinced with the things you say about MS to make people not want to move there. If that doesn't discourage them from moving to Mississippi, the summers might.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi