U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-24-2008, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 8,662 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any good childcare in Desoto County, preferably Olive Branch and Southaven areas. I have been looking and for the most part they are either booked, too expensive, or out of the area. I have done research with the Department of Health to get inspection reports from the childcare and they charge $30 for each request. I think this is crazy. Why should parents have to pay to get information on childcare research? Not to mention, everything has to be in writing, so the reqest has to be submitted in writing, you wait on their reply in writing, then wait on the results(if you pay the administrative fees-$30 per childcare). This is about a month's timeframe to get results. We don't have the time or patience to wait this long especially when we want to research multiple childcares at $30 each. So we have to rely on referrals or take a chance. We're new to the area so we didn't just want to just pick someone-not to mention the 3 childcare inspection reports we did get all have bad reports. Please help. My son is 4 and I have a baby due in August. HELP!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:02 PM

39 posts, read 95,305 times
try kids r kids on 51, wee care in greenbrook is a big no no!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:43 PM

39 posts, read 95,305 times
I forgot, Church of God on Church road is very dirty and crowded, don't be fooled by the Church name.

Southaven Community Church on Airways is clean, but a lot of redneck teachers.

Colonial Hill Church on 51 is the best of the best, however, they have mother day out only. Good luck and keep me posted.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 AM

22 posts, read 79,809 times
try Getwell united methodist church on Getwell rd. I know some of the caregivers and two of them are cub scout leaders. Very nice people and clean place. new building of classrooms opening soon. hope this helps.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 8,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4two View Post
try Getwell united methodist church on Getwell rd. I know some of the caregivers and two of them are cub scout leaders. Very nice people and clean place. new building of classrooms opening soon. hope this helps.

Do they take babys my daughter is 3 months?

Old 04-17-2009, 11:56 AM

316 posts, read 448,029 times
Try John Wade Karate on Snowden, just west of the intersection of Goodman and Getwell.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 7,277 times
Wildwood Christian School & Daycare on Swinnea in Southaven has opening for all ages. I have heard it said that they are the best kept secret in Desoto County.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,792 times
My daughter goes to Southaven Community Church on Airways. I do agree with a previous poster about the teachers. For the most part, they are good to her, but they have said a few things that have rubbed me the wrong way. I am paying them to keep my daughter, they shouldn't be saying anything to me about what time I drop off. As long as I pay on time, and pick up on time, is the only concern they need to have. I will say this though, if my daughter was younger, I would not take her here. She is 5 and will be starting kindergarten soon, so this place is fine, but if she were younger, no..I would find somewhere much better, with more of an educational type curriculum.

The director is very nice, but those minimum wage ladies who work there, offer little in the way of nurturing, caring people. They are there to watch your kids, and that is about it.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 7,282 times
Future Generations Learning Center in Olive Branch on Craft Road!!
My 5 year old LOVES it there!
She has learned so much since being there, they are new and excited about teaching the kids! I truely feel like she is very prepared to start Kindergarten in August!

Old 11-08-2011, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,204 times
Looking for a Mothers Day Out Program in Olive Branch ms...thanks for any help...please send to [email]jamiehollar@yahoo.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi