Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2021, 09:06 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times

Advertisements

https://www.racepagesdigital.com/new...5x3kDzgy8OTd_Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 07:42 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Petaling a scam?

Old 07-17-2021, 04:39 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,432,191 times
"convenient commercial air transportation access?"

Wat? Petal, MS?

Old 07-18-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
"convenient commercial air transportation access?"

Wat? Petal, MS?
Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport. https://www.flypib.com/

At least TRY to get the facts correct before you begin your negative tirade.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Point is that a few flights from Houston or Dallas hardly means it's "convenient" to get to Hattiesburg from the rest of the country.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:37 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
50% of the US population lives within 500 miles of Columbus, Ohio. I am not real sure Hattiesburg is a day's drive away for 40%.
But it is all going to come down to marketing, promotions and some luck.
I would have thought he would want to be a lot closer to I-20 or even I-10. People are a lot more familiar with those routes.

And it may just be another way for someone to make a lot of money by making promises that were never going to come true. GreenTech Auto was one such scam. Others involved slaughtering beef, and the telecommunications industry.
It happens everywhere. I once saw a VF Outlet mall promoted as providing "hundreds of high paying jobs".

Old 07-22-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
50% of the US population lives within 500 miles of Columbus, Ohio. I am not real sure Hattiesburg is a day's drive away for 40%.
But it is all going to come down to marketing, promotions and some luck.
I would have thought he would want to be a lot closer to I-20 or even I-10. People are a lot more familiar with those routes.

And it may just be another way for someone to make a lot of money by making promises that were never going to come true. GreenTech Auto was one such scam. Others involved slaughtering beef, and the telecommunications industry.
It happens everywhere. I once saw a VF Outlet mall promoted as providing "hundreds of high paying jobs".
Clearly it's a money grab. No track will ever get built, but millions of dollars will change hands.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:59 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Clearly it's a money grab. No track will ever get built, but millions of dollars will change hands.
I fear you may be right.
We can watch with our arms folded until someone proves us wrong. If we are wrong, we can go to a race!

Old 07-24-2021, 09:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
Quote:

The issue is that we had so many of these type "pie in the sky" projects (some were/are outright scams) fail over the years. Just in the Jxn area; Farish Street, the resort on the Rez that The Dock was torn down for, the amusement park planned for where Gluckstadt is now, metrocenter revitalization, two lakes project, Jackson Civic Center, JSU domed stadium, the list goes on and on. Also statewide projects like the beef plant, Kemper County Solar Project, the NASCAR Track proposed between Jxn and Vicksburg, etc., have made us cautious. Let's hope it comes to pass, but also hope the taxpayers aren't left with a bill for a project that really didn't stand much chance to start with

Old 07-26-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
The issue is that we had so many of these type "pie in the sky" projects (some were/are outright scams) fail over the years. Just in the Jxn area; Farish Street, the resort on the Rez that The Dock was torn down for, the amusement park planned for where Gluckstadt is now, metrocenter revitalization, two lakes project, Jackson Civic Center, JSU domed stadium, the list goes on and on. Also statewide projects like the beef plant, Kemper County Solar Project, the NASCAR Track proposed between Jxn and Vicksburg, etc., have made us cautious. Let's hope it comes to pass, but also hope the taxpayers aren't left with a bill for a project that really didn't stand much chance to start with
He can rant about the track all he wants, I have no idea how that will turn out. I was just reporting the news.

But if there's one thing I DO know about, it's air transportation. That's what I meant when I referenced his negative tirade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi