U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 9,690 times

Advertisements

Responsible Hunter from Georgia Seeking Lease for family of Waterfowl Hunters.
I am 60 year old seasoned Duck Hunter with over 40 years of enjoying the wonders of Waterfowl. Am interested in finding a lease on good duck hunting land and a place to stay for myself and my nephew and a few other family members and friends season after season.

Am planning on looking at some places around Sledge, Miss in the next couple of weeks but open to other nearby areas. Would love a place where I am free to let my " Well Trained" Labrador Retriever enjoy the wonders of waterfowl hunting with me, a safe place for equipment etc.

Any help is appreciated, PM me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 17,929 times
Default Arkansas duck lease available

[SIZE=5]We were looking and saw that you were looking for a Duck Lease for . We are planning to lease our property 750 acres near Stuttgart, AR. If you or anyone you may know would be interested for the 2009/2010 duck season let us know. We are planning also to have a small house that will sleep 8 people. We have some zero grade fields and will provide the first flooding of the fields. It is very private and we would like to lease to 6 or 8 people. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]The house has 2 bedrooms / kitchen / bath / utility/ living area. (We will need to do some remodeling this summer). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Contact us via email if you are interested or know someone that might be. We have day hunted the place prior to this upcoming year, but have decided that leasing to a small group would probably be better for us.[/SIZE]

Old 02-19-2009, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 9,743 times
I may have what you are looking for in that area feel free to call me or email.

Moderator cut: no private e mails here. Suggest that people DM instead, please

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-22-2009 at 12:07 PM..

Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 18,717 times
Default Please provide contact information

Please Provide Contact Information and Telephone Number.
Thxs,
SF

We were looking and saw that you were looking for a Duck Lease for . We are planning to lease our property 750 acres near Stuttgart, AR. If you or anyone you may know would be interested for the 2009/2010 duck season let us know. We are planning also to have a small house that will sleep 8 people. We have some zero grade fields and will provide the first flooding of the fields. It is very private and we would like to lease to 6 or 8 people. The house has 2 bedrooms / kitchen / bath / utility/ living area. (We will need to do some remodeling this summer).
Contact us via email if you are interested or know someone that might be. We have day hunted the place prior to this upcoming year, but have decided that leasing to a small group would probably be better for us.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 18,717 times
Default Please Provide

Contact Information, email and telephone number.
Thanks,
SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilley59 View Post
I may have what you are looking for in that area feel free to call me or email.

Moderator cut: no private e mails here. Suggest that people DM instead, please

Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,040 times
Did you lease ur property if not @ d@t ja@ n@n@ if you can figure that out
thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 18,161 times
Do you still have this lease and if so how much are you looking to get. I to am a hunter from georgia with a group of friends that are looking to hunt arkansas

Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 18,161 times
What type of lease do you have. I'm interested in anything you may have. I live in georgia and have leased in arkansas in years passed.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,755 times
I have 350-375 acres on the Arkansas River that is 80 acres in crp, has a large native Pecan grove, has the remnants of the old Arkansas River channel that is very small now, a long peninsula in the Arkansas River with no current or wind and lots of small tree brush cover, a mile of river frontage with a small island located by wooden trusses? that blocks the current and wind,the river frontage of the island, and a large "swimming hole" which amounts to a oxbow pond. We have no farm crops, we can grow soybeans but the soil is too sand to flood other than a couple of 3 or 4 rows adjacent to the old river channel possibly. However, our neighbor, my cousin, plants 700 acres of soybeans next to us, Altheirmer and Reydel are directly across the river from us, and Old Douglas Lake is extremely close to us. Thus we make a good place for them to roost I assume. The property was featured in the Arkansas Democrat NewsPapaer for its goose hunting, the dove hunting is superb, especially if the peninsula is planted in sunflowers. However, it is grassyland and goats hair is abundant. The grasss grows 6 ft twice each summer. The dear that I have seen are huge to me and bed down in the blackberry covered grass. Squirrels are abundant as are rabbits and all types of expected animals. The trees were not that successful but they are oak trees and there are 3 walnut trees. It is located about an hour into Arkansas from Greenville on the back side of Cummins Penitinuary. Douglass, Gould, and Dumas are the closest towns, Douglass being the closest. There is no housing on site, but there is electricity and a covered parking area. This is our first time to explore leasing the hunting rights so we are open for negotiations

Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 PM

51 posts, read 48,268 times
Wink hunting lease?

open ears to this subject
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or