U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:25 AM

3 posts, read 8,222 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Mississippi the second week of March 2008. I am looking for a nice 2-3 bedroom house to rent. Any ideas on who to contact about rental houses. My wife and I will be travelling to the area the last week of January to try and get housing setup so we can just move in when we arrive in March. I love the area and cannot wait to join the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 PM

80 posts, read 254,112 times
swoods, glad to hear that you are coming to Ms. As to rentals, there is a good selection. To start searching, hook up with a realty where you are going. Almost all handle rentals.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 PM

55,491 posts, read 74,394,948 times
clarksdale is great. near morgan freeman home. beautiful.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:03 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,873,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoods View Post
I am relocating to Mississippi the second week of March 2008. I am looking for a nice 2-3 bedroom house to rent. Any ideas on who to contact about rental houses. My wife and I will be travelling to the area the last week of January to try and get housing setup so we can just move in when we arrive in March. I love the area and cannot wait to join the community.
Where exactly are you relocating to? As mentioned, many of the realtors have a great handle on properties, but if you are looking to relocate up here in the Northeastern section, you need to start now as many are looking to move in hopes of getting a job at the Toyota Plant that is being built in Blue Springs.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,840 times
If you're coming from a small town and are comfortable with that then you would probably like Pontotoc. It's small, very close to where the Toyota plant will be, and there are very good schools there - some of the best around.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 AM

91 posts, read 271,756 times
Default Relocating To Mississippi

I was successful in doing exactly what you are trying to do and here are the realtors that we extremely accomodating to me and my family. We will be moving down in early March. They have homes available in Southaven, Olive Branch and other Desoto County areas.
Moderator cut: No advertising, please...

Last edited by Sam I Am; 01-23-2008 at 04:24 PM..

Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 AM

My wife and I are coming to the Pontotoc area. We are coming down to Pontotoc next week in hopes of securing a rental house.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
If you're coming from a small town and are comfortable with that then you would probably like Pontotoc. It's small, very close to where the Toyota plant will be, and there are very good schools there - some of the best around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Where exactly are you relocating to? As mentioned, many of the realtors have a great handle on properties, but if you are looking to relocate up here in the Northeastern section, you need to start now as many are looking to move in hopes of getting a job at the Toyota Plant that is being built in Blue Springs.
Thanks, we are moving to Pontotoc county. We can be in the communities that surround Pontotoc/

Old 01-25-2008, 11:27 AM

36 posts, read 157,217 times
I think your first impression was correct. Mississippi is changing a lot. I am a Mississippian by birth, but have lived in KY, IN, TN, and LA. There is beginning to be a large influx of people from all over the US and other countries, as well. The Medical community in Tupelo is excellent from what my colleagues say.
By the way, one of the finest perfumes is the smell of money. The Toyota plant will bring along with it, people who represent a better financial outlook for the area and fresh new ideas.
If you want to see some positive facts about MS, go to the Mississippi: Believe It! web site.
Mississippi Believe It! - Facts about Mississippi Business, Medicine, Entertainers, Writers, Musicians, Athletes, Arts, Healthcare, Generosity and People.
A member of the church I attend wrote the copy for it. And it's all true! Check it out.
Also, Memphis is close enough to see major concerts, and Birmingham, in the other direction, is also. What's not to like?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:49 PM

14,762 posts, read 31,184,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela986 View Post
Wonderful area to relocate to! If you want a small town, try Potts Camp or Holly Springs.
I don't recommend Holly Springs. The schools are horrible and there are lots of racial tensions (and it's not from the whites). New Albany is not so bad. Generally, the far northeastern corner of Mississippi is pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi