U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM

660 posts, read 2,356,716 times

Advertisements

hey
i'm looking for a small town in mississippi that hasnt seen to many people relocating
thats non metropolitan and more laidback thats open to an outsider thats not looking to change anything
i would need an apartment or any housing that has rent for no more than $500 a month
that would be hiring in bars/diners
is in driving distance to a city/bigger town
that has stuff to do for children my daughter will be 2 when we move and for me i'll be 23 soon and i'm a single mom
maybe has a public pool,lake for swimmingalso looking for a place thats big on church
and has good daycare and babysitting
and thats safe for children and doesnt get hit to hard by hurricanes if thats possible

thanks in advance for any help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 7,344 times
Hi Baby Firefly, have you considered the Ellisville-Laurel area? Laurel is bigger, has more to do, but Ellisville is less than 10 miles from Laurel and it's a nice little town. We have our local junior college in Ellisville and we're about 30 minutes from Hattiesburg, which is a lot bigger. We are also about 90 miles from the Gulf Coast. Jones County has tons of churches, I think over 100, maybe 150 or so.
I hope this helped you.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,556 times
Any where near the Tupelo area is great like Pontotoc or Fulton no bars there but you can be in Tupelo in a short time and work hear lots do.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:53 PM

441 posts, read 2,045,068 times
Fulton is great. So is Shannon, Nettleton, Amory, Okolona. All are within a few minutes of Tupelo. How about Madison, Ridgeland, Brandon, Flowood? They are in the Jackson Metro Area but without the crime. McComb and Brookhaven are good choices, too.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:44 AM

48 posts, read 56,469 times
Oxford maybe?

Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM

130 posts, read 136,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulghamj View Post
Any where near the Tupelo area is great like Pontotoc or Fulton no bars there but you can be in Tupelo in a short time and work hear lots do.
I live in the Fulton area and love it! so, you're right you can commute to Tupelo.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 AM

130 posts, read 136,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusSumGuy View Post
Oxford maybe?
Oxford, Ms was just voted one of the best towns to live in recently.Can not remember where i read this but i viewed this report on CNN last Summer.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,926 times
Question Moving to Jackson/ University of Ms Medical center

Hi, I am moving to Jackson Ms to start my residency at the Unv. Ms medical center. i am moving from Davis, CA. Anyone have words of wisdom about where to live, either in or around jackson ....I dont mind commuting too as long as its a safe area...

Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 PM

356 posts, read 1,294,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermias View Post
Hi, I am moving to Jackson Ms to start my residency at the Unv. Ms medical center. i am moving from Davis, CA. Anyone have words of wisdom about where to live, either in or around jackson ....I dont mind commuting too as long as its a safe area...
Don't look for anything in Jackson. It's not safe. The reservoir area would probably be good for you. There are some nice apartments there and a lot of young professionals live there. You would probably enjoy it.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:36 PM

29 posts, read 149,360 times
You might want to check around Hattiesburg, or Magee because there is alot of night life in Hattiesburg (home of USM college). You are far enough from the beach that you don't have to worry as much, but you can drive to the Coast in about a hour. With Hattiesburg being a college town there are a number of apartments in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi