U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM

62 posts, read 220,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleglasses View Post
I grew up in MS, and while I went through a phase of wanting to get away (and still may, just to say I've lived somewhere else for a significant period of time), I will always call Mississippi home. There are "woes" everywhere, I believe. It's just nicer to endure them here.

I would kindly recommend that you do pursue what you suggested----to live "somewhere else for a significant period of time", (your words ), so that you might have an informed point of reference, i.e. not limited to that of residing in Mississippi all of your life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 09:15 PM

14,767 posts, read 31,192,554 times
DebFlack has probably never even been to Mississippi.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 AM

417 posts, read 1,359,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
DebFlack has probably never even been to Mississippi.
Don't you think that EVERY state's forum needs someone who knows what's going on ALL the time in ALL parts of the state and knows the thoughts and intents of the hearts of ALL people?? Yep, we all desperately need someone like that to, as Jesus would say, "pull the splinters out of our eyes".

Old 02-24-2009, 10:35 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,114,622 times
poor
white
unrefined
undereducated
conservatives
tainted by the past
with bad roads and stinky air ?
What other variables, facts and considerations
did you leave out ?

Old 02-24-2009, 11:18 AM

14,767 posts, read 31,192,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
poor
white
unrefined
undereducated
conservatives
tainted by the past
with bad roads and stinky air ?
What other variables, facts and considerations
did you leave out ?
Eh, I wouldn't call Mississippi white by any means.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:11 PM

948 posts, read 3,409,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Eh, I wouldn't call Mississippi white by any means.

Hehe, thats just another one that never been in MS. No MS is not white by any means. You are looking for diverse here is your opportunity

Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,024,591 times
To all who love Mississippi, we have something in common! The people here, for the most part, are great and it's easy to get a helping hand when you need it. We welcome all who find serenity in MS and see the state for its natural beauty.

To all the naysayers, take your own advice and please leave MS. It will be much more pleasurable here once your gone, and we will be able to progress much faster.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,114,622 times
debflack mentioned diversity as a problem issue for Mississippians. I have no idea what she means.
I didn't find the people or place lacking in any way. I thought that we as a nation progressed beyond negative stereotyping of groups of people. Sadly this is not true for everyone.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:18 PM

276 posts, read 1,016,728 times
Poor? Maybe some parts, but not all parts of the state...granted my experience is all on the coast

White? I saw a mixture of people in the area I lived in

bad roads & stinky air? Once again I didn't experience that...if you want to experience bad roads, take a drive to Detroit

Truthfully, I can say I lived there for about 2-2.5 years and I have experienced racism maybe 2x, and I would say that one of those times the guys knew I wasn't from there and I had stereotypes in my head and was messing with me lol...I have lived in many states, IL FL VA MI AZ GA NC and I must say the ONLY place I keep missing when I leave is MS...now I lived on the coast so I really can't speak for the rest of the state.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:48 AM

5 posts, read 6,148 times
Don't listen to the people who make these negative comments about North Mississippi.It's nice laid back a lots of shopping and you will love it.We have a few ignorant people here like some of the people who making these comments but look over them and have a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi