U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 AM
NWS

721 posts, read 1,031,218 times

Advertisements

[quote=OhioUberAlles;7906862]I spent about $30,000 dollars per year to attend a rather elite college and I graduated with honors. Additionally, I made the dean's list a number of times and I was nominated for the outstanding senior award.

Moderator cut: offending remark deleted

What person (at least I didn't call you son) would spend at least 120k at "elite college" "graduate with honors" and come to the Delta to make 40k a year teaching at an academy. LOL
I guess this your post already answers that.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-16-2009 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: I was rude to call Ohio names

Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 AM

1,008 posts, read 197,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Grandfather told you what to say and how to handle Uppity people like me??
My god, I can't believe dinosaurs like you still exist.
You can't be from Ohio or Illinois.
Make me laugh again.
Tell me another story about Grandpa and you lighting fires and how to deal with them uppity "folk" like me.
At least now we know where you got all this racial hatred from.
I'm not mad at you. I still wish you would get to know people who are not like you. You still have a lot to learn.

I'm obligated to abide by the rules so I cannot repeat any of it on this forum. Nor would it polite to do so.

I think you're making some big leaps/stretches there, and I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at.

My grandpa doesn't start fires.

He possibly killed a few dozen people back in the 1950s but he never started any fires.

To be fair though, the government gave him the training, the rifle, and the orders, and they were even nice enough to transport him to Korea for several years. I think his main regret is that he got paid to kill communists in Korea but then he wasn't allowed to kill communists in the USA.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
What idiot (at least I didn't call you son) would spend at least 120k at "elite college" "graduate with honors" and come to the Delta to make 40k a year teaching at a racist academy. LOL
I guess this your post already answers that.

Beats making $45,000 per year to teach in Cleveland while having your car broken into on a daily basis.

Besides, life isn't just about money, is it? What idiot thinks life is all about money.

You have to do what you believe in and kids need to be taught the facts about their heritage, genuine Christian values, and respect for themselves and their ancestry, as well as skills needed to get along in an increasingly hostile world.

I'd rather teach southern Christian kids about economics/etc in a manner of my choosing than be forced by a communist school system to teach northern kids that they still owe "forty acres and a mule" to a bunch of slackers in Birmingham and Atlanta.

Oh, I also doubt it would be $40,000. I'd be thrilled if it was. It'd probably be more around $30,000 dollars, but as long as it isn't much less, then money won't be an issue. I'd also try to get a part-time law enforcement job, and perhaps augment all that with an online gun accessories store or teaching tactical shooting/defense classes.

Would you rather have children taught by high school dropouts who don't want to be there? They've tried that in Detroit and look where they are now!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:56 AM

The only person who gets to call me 'son' is my dad.

As for your stopping, thank you.

Now if you want to answer a few serious questions about the Delta for me, you're welcome to do so.

I don't like the temperature ever being above 70 degrees, I prefer 30-60 degrees. I suppose this just isn't going to happen in the Mississippi Delta? What is the average temperature in the Mississippi Delta?

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-16-2009 at 01:17 PM..

Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 PM

7,862 posts, read 12,677,879 times
Thread closed for mod review.

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi