U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 04:32 PM

295 posts, read 266,590 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember or personally know Cecil Ray Price? He along with Lawrence Rainey were Neshoba County sheriffs during the early 1960's at the height of racial strife in Mississippi and little is known of both men except for the movies that portray their character as sheriffs in the movies,"Mississippi Burning" .

Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,349,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
Does anyone remember or personally know Cecil Ray Price? He along with Lawrence Rainey were Neshoba County sheriffs during the early 1960's at the height of racial strife in Mississippi and little is known of both men except for the movies that portray their character as sheriffs in the movies,"Mississippi Burning" .
he was a racist SOB who is now burning in the flames of hell.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM

295 posts, read 266,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
he was a racist SOB who is now burning in the flames of hell.
Yeah but he was a sheriff doing his job at a time when we lived by the laws of God,"that taught us that whites and blacks don't mix" and that you don't see a robin mating with a crow.

Perhaps he was living by the words of the Almighty himself. I do understand that what really fanned the fire were the two jewish boys Andrew Goodman and Micky Shwerner that went back to Neshoba county to investigate the Mt. Zion church burning and perhaps he had enough of jewish outsiders meddling in the affairs of something they knew nothing about or understood at the time.

You must remember in 1964 Neshoba county, Mississippi there were different laws and these sheriffs were only doing there job but I would like to hear from anyone with first hand knowledge of Cecil Ray Price and Lawrence Rainey.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 PM

783 posts, read 1,929,053 times
You're kidding, right?

The laws of god? Perhaps you have the US confused with Tehran? We are a nation of laws of MEN. Have you read our Constitution?

Where does it say in the bible whites and blacks don't mix? I mean.. not that it really matters how you might think a book of personal BELIEFS applies to a governance of diverse people, many of whom do not SHARE those beliefs... I'm just curious. Who says your potentially misguided, malformed understanding of "the word of god" applies to me and my life?

How does pulling someone into jail for no reason, denying them their civil rights, then delivering them into the hands of murderers classify as "doing your job?" I don't care if it's 1950 or even 1850, none of that looks like the laws structured by the patriots I've studied.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:14 PM

8,226 posts, read 18,443,359 times
I am going to close this thread for mod review . I do not want it to escalate into another race debate; there is another forum for those kinds of things on this site (The Great Debate) .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or