U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 PM

57 posts, read 191,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Its not that I am insecure, Its just the fact of everthing I've heard about this place is totally opposite! And it @#~$#! me off when told one thing and its another! This place is one big dissapointment! The people escpecially! Pardon me but yes there are a few people that I have met here that are decent folks, unfortunately they are the minority and it sucks that the other pretty much ruins it for everyone else! And yes it is how I said it here in Lucedale! You know your probably right outside of these little so called towns is probably alot better! Need to vent some how, I'd rather vent on here then out in town, probably get into a whole lot of trouble! Yes they do act STUPID and yes the majority are FAT not phat! Ugly especially when chewing and running there mouths. I've never been in a place where I have seen so much BS as I have seen down here! I've lived in Ohio which is alot of rural and its not anything like this! I've also lived in the city and once again not anything like this! Hey I'm glad that the few that have chose to live down here have found a nice place to live..I must be one of the unfortunate few that get the opposite and I just call it as I see it!

Yeah, but that's not Mississippi's fault.

No one put a gun to your head and forced you to move to Lucedale.

That was your decision.

Be an adult and take responsibility for your own STUPID decisions.

(*See, you have something in common with Lucedale folk)

I came here from Southern California and I LOVE it here.
I'm in Raymond, right outside of Jackson.

Absolutely loving it.

In Mississippi, people actually smile and say hello to you
in the supermarket. There's a feeling of "spiritual kindness"
down here.

This place is so much better than California and NY.

I've lived in BOTH, so I know what I'm talking about.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 PM

55,579 posts, read 74,459,549 times
no fat yes but not stupid or ugly at all
the fat die young, helpless and happy
the fit are beautiful, empowered and often mean

Old 07-12-2009, 09:01 AM

356 posts, read 1,216,202 times
We need more people like Claudia in this state, and less people who come here with a chip on their shoulder and preconceived notions about what to expect. The economy is bad here right now just like in other states. My daughter lost her job a few months ago because of a plant closing. She hasn't been able to find any other work except a sales job which pays minimum wage (she has a degree). She lives in a small town where they have lost a lot of jobs recently. Her husband is working 2 jobs right now while she continues to look for something better. I know lots of people who moved to the Jackson area from up north. I haven't heard any of them complaining about wanting to go back.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,896,202 times
Quote:
Its not that I am insecure, Its just the fact of everthing I've heard about this place is totally opposite! And it @#~$#! me off when told one thing and its another! This place is one big dissapointment! The people escpecially! Pardon me but yes there are a few people that I have met here that are decent folks, unfortunately they are the minority and it sucks that the other pretty much ruins it for everyone else! And yes it is how I said it here in Lucedale! You know your probably right outside of these little so called towns is probably alot better! Need to vent some how, I'd rather vent on here then out in town, probably get into a whole lot of trouble! Yes they do act STUPID and yes the majority are FAT not phat! Ugly especially when chewing and running there mouths. I've never been in a place where I have seen so much BS as I have seen down here! I've lived in Ohio which is alot of rural and its not anything like this! I've also lived in the city and once again not anything like this! Hey I'm glad that the few that have chose to live down here have found a nice place to live..I must be one of the unfortunate few that get the opposite and I just call it as I see it!
No I am not quoting myself....this was my husband who forgot to log me out and sign in under his name. But he is right....almost everyone here smokes or chews...it is NASTY! People constantly spitting that mess all over the place....I wouldn't advise anyone to move here....ever.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:20 PM

315 posts, read 978,356 times
Part of the problem is you take yourself with you when you move- could it be you and your husband both might check the mirror?

Old 07-12-2009, 06:52 PM

276 posts, read 1,017,453 times
Quote:
No I am not quoting myself....this was my husband who forgot to log me out and sign in under his name. But he is right....almost everyone here smokes or chews...it is NASTY! People constantly spitting that mess all over the place....I wouldn't advise anyone to move here....ever.
Maybe that's the people you hang around...none of the people I hang with smoke

Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cia191630 View Post
Maybe that's the people you hang around...none of the people I hang with smoke
Huh? I never said I hung out with the people...mostly work around and observe people doing the smoking and chewing.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 7 days ago)

47,706 posts, read 45,319,460 times
Quote:
Huh? I never said I hung out with the people...mostly work around and observe people doing the smoking and chewing.
What kind of work place is it(type of firm)?

Old 07-13-2009, 05:52 AM

It is a home health care place...so it is the clients and their families that I have to be around who are doing the smoking and chewing. I even have a few old ladies that stuff that nasty chew in their faces. Ugh.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 7 days ago)

47,706 posts, read 45,319,460 times
Quote:
It is a home health care place...so it is the clients and their families that I have to be around who are doing the smoking and chewing. I even have a few old ladies that stuff that nasty chew in their faces. Ugh.
That is very ironic, and disgusting(and this is an ex-smoker saying this). A health care place and people smoke. I used to work in a place that specialized in selling vacuum cleaners and air purifiers and some of my co-workers smoked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi