U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:11 AM

887 posts, read 2,664,281 times

Advertisements

I can see why you're not making 50k. anymore!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 01:21 AM

3,927 posts, read 7,874,212 times
Ya know, I've read this thread for a while now and simply cannot fathom why you guys are even here. You stated that you researched the area before you came, then you diss not only the town but the school system as well, and put the blame squarely on everyone from your town.

Excuse me, but I've noticed that your educational skills are not that smooth and actually make you seem less than you might be as you rant against us. I'm confused though, if you researched the area you should have had a good handle on at least the education system in your town shouldn't you?

Why are you guys still here since you hate it here so much? Instead of being on here bashing the area, why haven't you been moving back North?

Believe me, with the type of attitudes you two have shown, I can see why you are not at the top of anyone's hiring list. Who would want someone working for them that hates them?

If it is the town you hate so much, why not move to another town?

It sounds to me like you are trying to make the whole state pay for your unhappiness and have decided to blame us. Own it and pick up your boot straps and set to working on a plan that will get you to where you feel you can be with your own type of people in the quickest way possible.

And, until then, Have a Nice Day.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 AM

158 posts, read 423,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenfatt View Post
A dozen "good" Yankees is not worth having to tolerate the one loudmouth with an attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Wilson View Post
You know, you have some nerve.

And especially since the comments posted by Oldenfatt were TRUE.

You're defending a blanket statement which is close minded, stereotypical, and regressive... I really don't think your post warrants a response.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,024,833 times
Na-na-nah-na
Na-na-nah-na
Hey, hey, hey
Goodbye!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:12 PM

388 posts, read 766,716 times
Well we're still here because our lease isn't up yet! We came down here with high expectations and we are leaving with attitudes toward this place! We didn't have attitudes toward this place until finding out that no one wanted to hire us down here! We found out that the south down here REALLY doesn't want any Northerners down here. That was confirmed by a quite a few people that if you weren't born and raised here you're not going to find a good job. I think you folks really don't like to hear the truth about yourselves! The generational thought process has been passed down thru the generations! YOU folks lost, get over it and lets move on!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:18 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,024,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_fan1 View Post
Well we're still here because our lease isn't up yet! We came down here with high expectations and we are leaving with attitudes toward this place! We didn't have attitudes toward this place until finding out that no one wanted to hire us down here! We found out that the south down here REALLY doesn't want any Northerners down here. That was confirmed by a quite a few people that if you weren't born and raised here you're not going to find a good job. I think you folks really don't like to hear the truth about yourselves! The generational thought process has been passed down thru the generations! YOU folks lost, get over it and lets move on!
After reading your repetitive, obtuse posts, I can imagine why no one would hire you...

This time when you pick a place to move, try talking to several people from the area and not just your in-laws.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:25 PM

276 posts, read 1,016,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_fan1 View Post
A lease never stopped anybody from moving, I have YET to complete a lease...and if MS is so against northerners...how did I manage to get a good job when I moved down? I'm from MI, not MS...and if you know your geography, MI is north so that classifies me as northern.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:25 PM

388 posts, read 766,716 times
We did talk to several people besides our inlaws and besides this message board has nothing to do with getting jobs!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Then again...maybe you aren't qualified for the job...maybe your arrogance exceeded your qualifications & they picked up on that and didn't want to bother with the attitude

Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM

What made yall decide to move to a small city in middle of nowhere? Why not one of the bigger cities? A coastal city? Did you even visit b4 up & moving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi