U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 AM

500 posts, read 1,282,108 times
Default Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to Mississippi for the great 4-day weekend my son and I enjoyed driving all over your state (well, as much as you can see in 4 days!).

We met a lot of great people and had some interesting conversations. We ate a lot of good food. My favorites were Whistle Stop Cafe in Wiggins and Eli's BBQ in Tupelo. I don't know if I can ever eat another hush puppy anywhere else, as all the ones I ate in MS make every other one I've eaten pale!

Neither of us had ever been to Mississippi or the "South" for that matter (we're from Houston). The state of Mississippi is beautiful and we had a great time, thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 AM

834 posts, read 1,163,728 times
I'm glad you had a great time in our state, and you are welcome back anytime.

I have never been to Houston but my family and I went to Dallas-Fort Worth over spring break and had a great time. We visited downtown Grapevine, downtown Dallas, Sundance Square, Fort Worth Stockyards, Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Grand Prairie, and lots of other places. We found this authentic Mexican restaurant in a hispanic neighborhood in Grand Prairie that had fried plantains and beans like my wife ate growing up in Belize, so she really enjoyed that. We had a great time in Texas.

Dallas-Fort Worth is huge, so i'm glad we had our gps navigator with us.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:46 AM

3,927 posts, read 5,588,931 times
I am so pleased that you loved us. Our state is a very beautiful state and our people as a whole are really sweet.

It does not surprise me that you enjoyed the food! There are as many great cooks around this state as there are squirrels. And believe me, there are many squirrels....

I hope you will visit us again, and have the time to explore even more of our hidden assets.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 AM

7,852 posts, read 12,113,048 times
This is a pleasure to hear especially because there seems to be so much criticism if Mississippi by people who really do not know the state at all.
Thank you.

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 PM

465 posts, read 622,651 times
I'm glad you really enjoyed yourself Reivax. I love this state and the south as a hold. If and when I moved from here I will always love the southern hospitality Mississippi has. There's no place like home lol. Come back and visit us. Visit Jackson and our recovering Gulf Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
View detailed profiles of: